Posted on :
9 May, 2019
9 May, 2019
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and amended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence In applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University Is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills In collaboration with industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity, and impact.
The university currently has a total student population of 8,000 students and a total staff population of 605. Other information about the University is accessible at its website: www.ktu.edu.gh
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
• The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates, vacancy for the position of Vice Chancellor and invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the position which become vacant on 1st August, 2019.
The Position/Functions of the Vice Chancellor
• The Vice Chancellor is the academic and administrative head and the chief disciplinary officer of the University.
• The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University and is responsible to Council for organising and conducting the academic, financial, and administrative business of the University, as well as ensuring the efficiency of the University. All other functions of the Vice Chancellor are as prescribed by the Statutes of the University
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS In the first instance and may be renewed, subject to satisfactory performance, for only another term of four (4) years or part thereof.
• Salary and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive.
Qualification Required& Experience
A candidate seeking appointment as Vice Chancellor of the University must:
• Be of a Professorial Status
• Possess a research postgraduate degree preferably a terminal degree
• Be an Internationally acclaimed academic and/or distinguished scholar.
• Have proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff.
• Have rich administrative experience
• Exhibit high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organisational skills
• Be circumspect and above reproach.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
• Be visionary, business-oriented and be able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose.
• Be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment.
• Have the capacity to raise funds and other resources for research and development activities of the University.
• Have a good understanding of the challenges facing the Technical University in particular and tertiary education in Ghana in general
• Be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60) years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees; and
• A statement of candidate’s vision for the University, which should not exceed three pages.
• The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Registrar of Koforidua Technical University” The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any one of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 13th May, 2019.
The Chairman Search Committee for: Registrar Mr. Edward Asante Antwi C/o Head, General Administration Koforidua Technical University (KTU) PO Box KF 981 Koforidua, E/R Soft copies must be forwarded to: [email protected] OR The Chairman Search Committee for: Registrar C/o The Office Manager Universities of Ghana Overseas Office Ghana Universities House 321 City Road London ECIV ILJ United Kingdom Soft copies must be forwarded to:[email protected]
Closing Date: 13 May, 2019