Posted on :
16 Aug, 2016
16 Aug, 2016
Mampong Technical College of Education (MAMTECH) was established in 1967 as a Teacher Education Institution on the premises of the Trades Training Centre which was established by the British Colonial Government in 1922. The Trades Training Centre turned into a Borstal Institution (boys Correction Home) in 1937. It was converted into Army Recruitment Camp during the Second World War. From 1945 to 1960 it became Government Trade School. Between 1960 and 1967, it was run as Junior Technical Institute. The first Principal of the college was Mr. J. Merry who until his appointment as principal was the head of the Junior Technical Institute, which was converted into Handicraft Teacher Training Institute. The Institute was renamed Technical Teachers Institute in 1969. In 1978, it was designated to Mampong Technical Teachers College. The college was given accreditation to the tertiary level of education in October, 2007 with the change in status. It was renamed Mampong Technical College of Education.
Mampong Technical College of Education seeks to recruit a competent person to fill the vacant position of
Job Title: College Vice Principal.
• The College Vice Principal provides administrative and academic support to the Principal of the College.
Tenure of Office
• Shall hold office for a period of Three (3) years and may be eligible for re- appointment for another term only.
• Be able to complete at least one term of three years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Be at least a Tutor in the College of Education OR of a comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation.
• Possess a research postgraduate degree.
• A terminal degree can be an added advantage.
• Be a professional teacher or must possess a minimum of a Diploma in Education or Education related area
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates must submit five copies of comb bound document comprising:
• Letter of application
• Copies of certificate(s)
• Curriculum vitae with names, postal and email addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom should be your head of institution; and
• A one (1) to two (2) page statement of candidate’s vision for the college and key strategies for achieving the vision.
Applicants should visit the college website (mtce.wordpress.com) and download reference template to be completed by the head of their institutions.
Mode of Submission
• The application forms should be sent by post or personally to the college
• Letters of reference should be sent directly by the referees either by email ([email protected]) or post two weeks from the date of the advertisement.
College Vice Principal Search Committee
Mampong Technical College of Education
P. O. Box 31
Mampong – Ashanti
For further enquiries please call: 0501-385147
Closing Date: 29 August, 2016