Job Title: Marine CCR Technician
- Ensures all Cargo watch-keeping equipment is functioning correctly.
- Ensures all appropriate navigational equipments such as CAR system, VHF,AIS etc are working properly
- Monitors FPSO stability with reference to stability, trim, stress and bending moments when on shift.
- Implements the cargo and ballast plan when on shift.
- Manages the discharge of produced water to designated plan when on shift.
- Monitors all vessels in the vicinity by maintaining an efficient Radar / AIS and VHF watch, in accordance with ISPS duties.
- Provides helicopter pilot information required for landing and takeoff activities including weather updates, closely liaises with HLO during helicopter operations. Acts as a flight keeper for helicopter operations until handover to shore base Ops.
- Communicates with the shore base helicopter information including passenger names weights, freight, weather and timings.
- Assists Marine Technician with tank washing and gas freeing operations as “responsible person”.
- Ensures that the offtake equipment and machineries, such as the IG system, offtake meter and prover, cargo pumps, are functioning correctly.
- Ensures that all communications equipment is functioning properly.
- Periodic inspection of cargo/hydraulic lines.
- Acts as helicopter deck crew when required.
- Ensure the tests on GMDSS equipment are carried out in accordance with SOLAS
- Ensure that all Marine-related communications equipment is functioning properly
- Assist with Maintenance activities like weekly/ monthly and Periodic inspections all Life Saving Appliance (LSA) and Fire Fighting appliances (FFA).
Qualifications & Experience
Bsc Nautical Science or equivalent Marine Operations background
- Minimum 2nd Mates Certificate of Competency or higher with Tanker Endorsement
- GMDSS Operators Certificate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Preferred but not essential, an HLO or helideck crew valid certificate
- +5 years’ experience onboard crude oil/product carriers
- Relevant operating experience on an FPSO or similar facility preferred and detailed knowledge of tanker operations, including crude oil washing, inert gas systems and marine safety systems.
- Experience with safety management systems preferred.
- Experience in berthing and unberthing large vessels at offshore moorings is preferred.