Responsible for managing HR resourcing partnerships with businesses and individuals to deliver a seamless one MTN experience.
Job Title: Manager, HR Partnerships
- Management of non-permanent employees per the labour law and to create a seamless one MTN experience.
- Manage the resourcing of non-permanent employees – Job or project descriptions are in writing, doable and agreed upon. Manage the on boarding for non-permanent employees and partners. Ensure confidentiality and non-compete (where applicable) agreements are in place for all partners, non-permanent employees and individual contractors.
- Compensation Management – Ensure that minimum wage, legally required statutory deductions and overtime laws are fully applied.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts – Ensure relevant, compliant and fully documented contracts are in place for partners, partner employees and individual contractors. Draft and revise contracts as updates become available and confirm contract terms are understood by non-permanent employees. Develop and maintain digital and paper system of contracts, other documentation, and records.
- Policies and Procedures – Develop, implement and manage processes around the employment lifecycle (resourcing, talent management, recognition and reward, engagement, performance management) of non-permanent employees for a seamless MTN experience whiles noting accountability expectations and protection against legal, regulatory, and liability issues.
- End to end management of interns.
- Engagement – structure and manage non-permanent employees and partners whiles providing internal customer support as the point of contact for managing all HR partners and third party employees.
- Ensure that management practices of all third party partners (Agencies, Managed Services, and Volume Management) comply with regulatory requirements and MTN’s practices to minimize exposure to the business.
- Ensure excellent people management practices for all third party employees
- Identify and source partnership opportunities through follow-up, emails and client visits.
- Dynamic and competitive telecommunication industry
- Multinational environment – HR Group best practices
- Matrix and projects environment
- Performance driven environment
- Diverse workforce demographics & Employee Expectations
- Labour regulations & legislations
- Unionized environment
- A First Degree in Human Resources, Law, Psychology or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience as a Contract employee’s management administrator, HR Business Partner, Contract management at the supervisory level or at least 3 years in a management role.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Strict adherence to company guidelines, compliance laws, and legal requirements
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Knowledge in Partnership Management
- Leading Virtual Teams
- Generalist HR experience
Skills & Physical Competencies:
- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
- Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 5th April 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.