To drive and design the implementation of the Enterprise Architecture Framework and Governance (for Systems, Integration, Technology, Security, Data Architecture domains) to ensure it supports an agile and integrated architectural environment contributing to a more robust landscape, increased revenue, agility, standardization, reusability, time to market, simplicity and reducing risks, duplication and failures. Additionally, to be actively involved in all business events, developments and projects to ensure adherence and compliance to the approved EA standards.
Job Title: Manager, Enterprise Architecture
- Drive and Support the Enterprise Architecture Strategy (for Systems/Solutions, Integration, Security, Technology, Data)
- Lead the design, architecture cycles and aspects of the delivery of key business or enterprise-wide and group solutions
- Drive and facilitate the development of the current and to be architecture models covering all the EA domains.
- Lead to define enterprise architecture principles, standards and guidelines, and blueprints.
- Drive the analysis of legacy systems to derive the required technical functions and rules from existing applications in achieving a two-speed architecture environment for the new business architectures – focusing particularly on digital architectures.
- Ensure Mobile First, Cloud First Approach towards Enterprise Architecture
- Lead and develop systems/solutions, integration, technology, security architectures covering the enterprise or for specific line of service delivery, program areas or business functions
- Oversee the overall EA domains (Systems/Solutions, Integration, Security, Technology) synchronized with the MTN Vision, roadmap and Business Plan.
- Lead in developing, enhancing, and maintaining reference architectures for various capabilities.
- Design the enterprise application integration model by ensuring the implementation and improvement of a standard middleware (SOA), as well as all MicroServices, APIs. And ensure they are optimized and ready to take on more services and can handle service orchestration with high volumes of TPS
- Translate business requirements into systems/solutions architectures bearing systems qualities and repeatable design strategies and patterns, such as adaptability, scalability, availability, and reusability. Enable the use of all the EA toolsets for the design and documentation of all EA artifacts.
- Liaise with the Senior Specialist, IS Business Process Management to ensure integration, synchronization and alignment to the final architectural output to all design requirements for all EA domains and standards
- Lead design reviews across the enterprise and collect enterprise architecture performance metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
- Setup and lead all Integrated Design Review (IDR) and Architecture Review Board (ARB) sessions and ensure EA artifacts are designed to support the discussions; manage all decision outputs as well as the tracking of the IDR, ARB actions until completion
- Ensure all EA artifacts are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect the current state and planned end state
- Extend and expand the EA Framework and Governance to the Change Control Board level
- University Degree in Computer Science or Information Management, or related field, or equivalent experience;
- TOGAF, eTOM, COBIT, ITIL certifications
- COBIT certification a plus
- Project Management Certification
- MDM, Cloud, AI, BI, Analytics training
- Application Developer, DBA, Network Administrator, Systems Integration, Security Training
- 5 years of relevant IT experience
- elecoms experience necessary
- Understanding of Telecoms products and services
- 2 years of progressive experience in IT architecture
- Experience with enterprise architecture design, SDLC, Solution Design, Information Management & Data Analytics
- IT Governance understanding
- Enterprise Architecture
- Business Architecture
- Data Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Security Architecture and Information Security
- IT Governance
- Solutions Planning & Design
- SDLC and solution rollouts
- Process Flow design
- Service Orchestration
- Master Data Management Concepts
- People Management
- Change management
- Sound knowledge TOGAF, SOA, Cloud, AI and EA methodologies and standards.
- Knowledge of IT processes management, governance, systems development, infrastructure management and systems administration
- Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, take and manage accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
- Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to be inventive and always improving and optimizing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by March 29, 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.