MTN is a household name throughout much of Africa with a presence in 21 countries in African and the Middle East. It is rare today to go to an African capital and not see the presence of MTN from the cities to the most rural areas. MTN Ghana recruits SMC Engineer (4 Positions)
- To provide 24x7x365 Network Surveillance, problem resolution, monitoring, controlling, escalating and dispatching of all network elements, providing real time and prompt resolution to all network faults to improve and maintain Network performance and quality.
- To manage all network changes on MTNGH network ensuring changes are in accordance with company policies and procedures and do not negatively impact network quality.
- Manage & monitor all network elements and services efficiently
- Dispatch Trouble Tickets
- Implement & control Service affecting work
- Control Infrastructure access
- Change Request Management
- Interface with the various groups in the company in resolving network problems
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Telecommunications) and/or a related Computer Engineering with 2 years hands-on experience in light current, telecommunications at least 1 year experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Ericsson switches
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Technical competencies:
- GSM network operations
- Basic Understanding of telecommunications protocols.
- Basic knowledge of AXE hardware & software
- Knowledge of programming / macros, Unix, scripting etc.
- Track, monitor, and resolve faults using approved switch processes and procedures and OEM OPI
- Escalate unresolved faults to SMC Support/O&M Support/ANS/CNS
- Implement change requests/planned work, using switch procedures
- Monitor performance statistics, and generate weekly reports
- MS Office suite, REMEDY, FACTS, TMOS
- Knowledge of switch operations
If you are interested in any of the following vacancies please ensure that you meet the set criteria before sending an application letter and CV to mailto:[email protected]