Launched in 1994, the MTN Group is a leading emerging market operator, connecting subscribers in 22 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The MTN Group is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in South Africa under the share code: “MTN.” As of 30 June 2013, MTN recorded 201.5 million subscribers across its operations in Afghanistan, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Cyprus, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Republic, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, Republic of Congo (Congo Brazzaville), Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zambia. MTN’s brand is the most valuable in Africa, and is ranked in the top 100 brands worldwide. MTN’s shares constitute the biggest primary listing on the JSE – Africa’s largest stock exchange.
Job Title: Supervisory Contractor: Networks NMC
Division: Network Group
Department: Network Operations
Position: Supervisory Contractor: Networks NMC
Level: Direct Contract
Reports to: Manager, Networks NMC
Ensure that the Managed Service Provider’s NMC duties are performed per SLA/KPI’s in line with MTN Ghana business objectives and, to monitor and coordinate all network related changes and ensure implementation is according to change control policies, with customer minimum impact, towards achieving the desired results of the changes.
- Escalate serious and long outstanding faults to the Manager NMC.
- To ensure that all required reports is done and presented to NMC Manager at the required time.
- To ensure that the Vendor provides and documents Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report on time and shared with relevant stakeholders and follows up on recommendations in the report.
- To confirm data integrity and ensure all reports by the MS partner is accurate
- Ensure Planned work are logged with all relevant data in it and planned tests are carried out after every work order.
- Correlate network changes and impact on user departments
- Engage with internal/external team on upcoming planned activities.
- Issue agenda and minutes for Change Control Board meetings.
- Ensure approval for implementation is communicated to requester and monitor for compliance with change management policy.
- Responsible for escalation of problems associated with RFC.
- Maintain Change management policy
- Liaise with BRM for Regular internal and external Audits
- Minimum of B.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science
- Minimum two (2) years’ hands on experience in Transmission, switching in an IP Service Management Centre environment
Professional/ Technical competencies:
- In depth knowledge of Telecommunications Technology Fundamentals
- Adequate knowledge in Network System technologies (GSM, WCDMA…).
- Adequate knowledge in Windows, Unix & Linux Operating Systems
- Adequate Knowledge in MS Office suite
- Adequate knowledge in Management & Reporting tools (REMEDY, FACTS, OSS, M2000 etc
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to query, collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of data / information with attention to detail and accuracy will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge in Data Base
- Adequate knowledge in Network management systems associated to different architectures
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Adequate knowledge on the change control Processes
Skills & Physical Competencies:
- Ability to follow processes and make improvement.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Skill in presentation and technical reporting.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to accept responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressures.
- Team player
- Customer orientated
- Good communication skills
- Assertive, Self-starter, Proactive, Innovative, Attention to detail
- Skill in records/documentation keeping
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by Monday, 19th March 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position & Location in the subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.