Posted on :
12 Dec, 2017
12 Dec, 2017
Amnesty International is a global movement of people who campaign to end abuses of human rights.
Amnesty International Ghana (AIG) is one of the section offices of Amnesty International around the world contributing to achieving the vision and mission of Amnesty International by taking part in its worldwide campaigns and also undertaking local human rights work.
Amnesty International Ghana is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions at its national office in Accra.
Job Title: Human Rights Education and Activism Co-ordinator
• The Human Rights Education and Activism Co-ordinator will be responsble for the design,
implementation and co-ordination of Amnesty International Ghana’s human rights education and activism programmes. He/She will report to the Director of Amnesty International Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first degree in social sciences and related fields from an accredited institution or equivalent professional qualification
• 5 years relevant experience in working with youth groups
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of activism and youth mobilisation
• Good knowledge of youth culture
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media activism
• Ability to design, implement and evaluate human rights education programme
• Good understanding of human rights will be an added advantage
The successful applicant must:
• Computer literate (experience in using online resources to promote youth activism)
• Willing to work long hours with strict deadline (in and out of the office)
• Willing to travel extensively and internationally
• Able to deal effectively with challenging field operational issues
• Able to meet and discuss issues with high level officials
• Able to work with little or no supervision
How to Apply
Interested applicants may forward their applications together with their CVs to the following address: The Director Amnesty International, Ghana Section Private Mail Bag, Accra-North Or email to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 20 December, 2017