Posted on :
9 Dec, 2016
9 Dec, 2016
Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 17 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Job Title: Chief Sales and Services Officer
Direct and manage the Consumer Sales business unit;Lead the consumer business function and manage all consumers touch points including Sales & Distribution channels, channel marketing, devices and data transformation, call centre and customer experience.
Manage and develop OpCo to expand overall revenue throughout setting, defining and executing the appropriate segmented detailed channel strategies / plan to win and assure overall horizontal and vertical expansion growth platforms are met.
Ensure delivery of AOP including monitoring of Opex leading to on-going profitably and market share growth.
· Sell and deliver annual revenues within all customer touch points including retail, franchise, direct, indirect, digital, key accounts and call centre channels as outlined in AOP.
· Develop and disseminate to best practice guidelines for Sales & Distribution Channel management to encompass both Direct and Indirect Channels including key accounts and Digital media channels to drive through improvements in revenue and operational effectiveness across channels.
· Manage stores and offer best in class experience to HVC and expand reach to capture all HVC and MVC by introducing new franchise model to grow our touch point footprint.
· Convert call centre from a cost Opex department into a revenue generating department by introducing outbound function to acquire B2B customers and generate leads, and also offer HVC through cross net calls to port in to Tigo.
· Act as the functional expert for matters related to sales and services across channels and ensure that the team has the necessary specific functional skills to provide similar level of expertise in their respective functions to serve our ambitious plans.
· Generates insights for top management, suggesting adjustments to strategy to adapt to market evolution and recommends inputs to business planning through providing market potential, share forecast, target and operational direction.
· Create annual strategy for devices and develop team to interact with OEM’s and vendors to supply all required tools to all channels for the convenience of our customers.
· Manage operating budget to better utilize S&D & services budget allocated for commissions and trade incentives as well as trade marketing.
· Ensure the on-going professional development of own employees, and guide the developmental activities of direct and indirect reports including dealers and partners.
· Act as the owner of the customer experience CSAT and NPS scores and collaborate with all concerned to improve by setting stretched target and support using tools, example VOCE…etc.
· Lead and manage a highly motivated team.
· Direct the accomplishment of the yearly achievement of budgets and revenue targets across all departments he / she is managing.
· Develop the overall direct and indirect sales structure, including retail, non-exclusive channel, direct (Door to Door & VIP), E-sales, ICT & Branded re sellers, devices re sellers, key accounts, call center and any touch point with the customer.
· Share experiences and knowledge to provide guidance and build intellectual capital.
· Actively support the executive team to foster a fresh and open entrepreneurial culture in the company.
· Manage budget 100% including opex such as commissions, trade marketing and branding, etc.
· Perform other duties as required by the Chief Executive Officer.
Minimum Experience, Qualification & Essential Knowledge:
· Bachelor degree – Master’s degree is preferred.
· Fifteen (15) – twenty (20) years working experience in Sales & Marketing gained from multiple telco operators or similar;
· Experience of working in an operator with a large consumer post-paid & pre-paid mobile base in a mature market where penetration is above 150%
· Demonstrable achievements in transformational sales and customer care improvements as well at operational level – improving profitability of connections, improving regional effectiveness, de-layering distribution
· Experience of directly managing mature sales organisations in highly competitive and saturated markets.
· Significant and proven expertise in Retail Chain management including franchise expansion.
· Experience in managing a budget and P&L.
· Experience of building and managing a large team – how to organize, and motivate them to execute. Ideally has built / transformed a team
· Local/regional cultural awareness
· Strategic marketing management & Competitive & market intelligence
· Communicating for impact, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community.
· Strong leadership skills, including ability to foster a cooperative work environment amongst the group operations.
· Ability to work collaboratively and deliver projects in a complex environment.
· Strong Analytical & Management skills.
· Lead new initiatives: with cross function team to ensure continued alignment with other departments.
· Change management & strong Analytical & Management skills.