Posted on :
15 Jan, 2020
15 Jan, 2020
The Communication Specialist will be in charge of promoting the visibility and value of SIBCI and EU funding in accordance with the visibility requirements of the European Union. The Communications Specialist will support the project management team to create, administer and organize all project communication activities in cooperation with other project staff.
Job Title: Communication Specialist
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duty Post: Accra/Damongo
Key Relationships: The Project Manager, Project Coordinator, M&E Specialist, Consultants, Executive Director, Accounts Officer, Executive Director, Consultants, Project Partners.
Responsible for: guiding the overall monitoring and evaluation activities within the SIBCI Project and
• Lead to manage the brand of SIBCI and the Ghana Wildlife Society and create content for daily maintenance of SIBCI webpages and that of GWS.
• Create, adapt, improve and optimize web communication for GWS
• Develop and maintain social media profiles and quality content on GWS blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn to expand GWS’ digital presence in the media space.
• Develop and maintain media partnerships and press relations to promote conservation research and outreach work of the Society.
• Support the preparation and drafting of high-level public communications (email, social media, blogs, etc.) including email campaign development and delivery.
• Facilitate content creation for real-time audience engagement on multiple social media platforms.
• Monitor online analytics and develop social-media user guides for GWS staff at all levels.
• Lead the development of materials such as infographics, videos and online posters in consultation with other SIBCI staff and other programme staff.
• Develop guidelines for interviewing, photographing and reporting on in-the-field projects.
• Perform any other related task as directed by the Project Manager/Executive Director.
• The role requires a high standard of verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
deliver high quality presentation materials.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to tailor information for diverse audiences
• Attention to detail.
• High level of emotional intelligence.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in a relevant subject such as Journalism, Communication for Development (C4D) Communications, Public Relations or Marketing.
• A minimum of 2 years of proven record of developing and implementing internal communication
strategies within growing organizations.
• Three years of work experience in conservation, communication for social change or public relations
with at least 2 years project management experience.
Location: Accra & Damongo
How to Apply
To apply: • A covering letter explaining why you are applying for the position and relating to your experience and skills to the roles indicated in the application pack (include your salary expectations) in your cover letter. • Full CV and contact details for two referees Email your application to: [email protected] or deliver by hand to GWS addressing it to The Executive Director, Ghana Wildlife Society, P. O. Box 13252, Accra.
Closing Date: 22 January, 2020