Springforth International School was founded in June 2006 by two American working mothers who recognized the need for quality, affordable and international standard nursery and preschool services in the large and multi-cultural community of East Legon. Springforth has experienced significant growth, moving from a single School building to an enclosed two-building campus. SFIS now offers Creche through Primary School education for children from nursery age of three months to class six (11 years). We also offer a full range of extra curricular activities.
Springforth International School is seeking a dynamic a Early Years Cojordinator with extensive experience of teaching the Early Years English National Curriculum, who can lead a team of teachers and support staff.
Job Title: Early Years Coordinator
- Lead a team of Nursery Teachers in delivering a stimulating Early Years curriculum and provide exemplary standards for teaching and care giving
- Develop activities to promote child-centered learning while promoting health and safety of children
- Ensure effective activity plans and schemes of work are completed by all teachers and presented for review every week / term respectively.
- Chair meetings with colleagues to plan, evaluate and review activities, lesson delivery, special events and the learning needs of children, and report outcomes to the Principal.
- Plan and co-ordinate Nursery events and activities to be published on the School Events Calendar
- Identify in-service training needs for Nursery department staff and provide training in specific areas to further improve on methodologies and encourage innovation pedagogy.
- Keep up to date with developments and changes in the Early Years English National Curriculum and assist the Principal in the implementation of changes at the Nursery Department.
- Provide termly and end of year evaluation reports to the Principal on curriculum matters.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least 5 years Early Years experience
- Experience in leading teams
- A relevant Degree and/ or Early Years Diploma
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Strong ICT Skills
How to Apply
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter, stating the position applied for, to [email protected]
No walk-ins or phone inquiries please.