Operations Manager – Oil & Gas Company
Our client is a leading oil & gas marketing and distribution company based in Accra, Ghana. Due to a successful and expanding business a new role has been created for an Operations Manager.
The main purpose of this role would be to manage the coordination and supervision of all the processes that take place between the time when an oil tanker vessel is estimated to arrive and the time of discharge of the product, as well as the matters relating to the quantity, quality and safety of the cargo.
You will also be responsible for Health, Safety & Environmental issues related to the product handling and distribution.
In particular, your duties will include:
- Familiarizing yourself with the importation schedules of the company, to determine dates of arrival of the various cargo sizes.
- Arranging for laycan from the relevant authorities for product delivery through the CBM/jetty.
- Arrange for storage facilities from BOST, TOR and other depots.
- Arranging a pre-birthing meeting on arrival of vessel.
- Liaising with the inspectors to determine the quality and output quantity
- Supervising the transfer of product from vessel to storage and establishing the actual quantity received into storage
- Supervising operations at the various depots where the company’s product is stored and providing daily stock reports
- Monitoring stock levels and sales trends and advising management on the next importation of the specific product type.
- Attending operations meetings and other relevant functions on behalf of the company.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of 5 years work experience is required, with at least 3 years oil & gas and logistics.
- A degree in Chemical engineering, Petrochemical engineering or other similar qualifications, is required.
How To Apply
To apply: Register on our website at www.hiredcapital.com. You may also send resumes to[email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary and benefits are competitive
Closing: 23 Sep, 2011