Posted on :
17 Sep, 2010
17 Sep, 2010
This vacancy expires today, so act fast
Our client is urgently looking for a Senior Contracts Advisor for their operations in Ghana. This position can either be on a 6/2 rotation or on a residential basis.
· Support the Ghana Business Unit in meeting its objectives through the development of contracting strategies, the composition and issue of invitations to tender, objective bid evaluation, preparation and award of the final contract, coupled with post award contractor performance management.
Responsibilities /Key Objectives:
· Develops contracting strategies for intermediate to complex contracts.
· Supports Supply Chain Management in facilitating contract strategy workshop sessions to secure multi-discipline consensual support for contract sourcing plans and strategies.
· Reviews Specifications and Scope of Work for completeness and enables technical functions to translate their requirements into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
· Develops, compiles and conducts pre-qualification exercises, pre-tender meetings, invitation to tender documentation, tender openings and evaluation of tenders received, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, exceptions and deviations.
· Administers intermediate to complex contracts.
· Provides ad-hoc support to User functions in support of the contract management process as well as support (where necessary) for the logistics involved with the movement of specialised equipment to the required destination.
· Provides ad-hoc support to User functions on post-award contractual interpretation and administration matters coupled with contract provisions including explanations on processes, penalties, and compliance terms to Users.
· On request, resolves discrepancies in contract deliverables and prepares written documentation as necessary to enable clarity in interpretation.
· Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work co-operatively and jointly to provide a quality and seamless customer service.
· Person Specification
Experience and Education:
· Minimum 10 years proven experience.
· Predominantly contracts formulation experience with substantive exposure to all disciplines and issues within the supply chain.
· International exposure within an Oil and Gas operating environment.
· Exploration, geotechnical and drilling contracting experience, coupled with contracts management activities.
· Experience working in Africa on the above is preferred
· Proven experience of negotiating complex contracts is paramount; with the following academic qualifications being advantageous:
· Preferably to Degree level in a business or management related subject.
· CIPS preferred.
· Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Commercially aware with sound business acumen.
· Establishes priorities and works independently at all levels with minimal direction.
· Collaborative with heightened communications and related interpersonal skills.
· Proactively pursues defined objectives whilst seeking to identify, initiate and develop their skills, both within the function and at a wider business perspective.
· Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental goals.
· Receptive to handling minor as well as major contracts.
· Works independently with a minimal level of supervision.
· Self motivated and uses initiative and judgement to attain the best results.
· Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
Click to View and apply online: