OZÉ is a platform that empowers small business owners to make data-driven decisions to improve their performance. Our mission is to provide entrepreneurs with the tools and resources they need to grow.
You may be thinking to yourself, what is this?? I thought I was looking at a job description, so why are there so many metrics? OZÉ is a data-driven and goals-oriented company that values openness and transparency. We want to hire someone who can meet these goals, so we only think it’s fair to let you know what the goals are. If this isn’t for you, we’d rather you decide that before applying instead of after starting work. If hired, this job description becomes your scorecard. You will be measured against it to determine how successful you are in your work at OZÉ.
Job Title: Full Stack Android Developer
The mission of the full stack developer is to build a robust, crash-free, intuitive Android app that balances performance with low data and battery use. Translate designs and user requirements into an app that our users are excited to open each-and-every time they do business.
Empathy, Honesty & Integrity, Analytical Skills, Proactivity, Openness & Transparency, Perseverance, Adaptability
- Experience building something on the Android platform. Show us a link to something you’ve made on the Play Store
- Take ownership of developing product features and work with customers to resolve issues and contribute to product improvements.
- Comfortable jumping between coding backend architecture to font-end UI engineering
- Have experience working with AWS or similar cloud platform. Bonus: Have worked on projects with large amounts of data and are excited about using software design patterns to improve performance
- Experience collaborating with other developers, designers, project managers, data scientists. Advocate for robust user experience and be comfortable talking about your technical decisions with non-tech teammates
- Test your code and document your work for other developers
- Have worked with version control (we use Github)
- Bonus: Have worked with on other analytics software or educational software
- Build new features at a reasonably fast pace
- Complete 95% of sprints
- Conduct testing to minimize bugs
- Collaborate with QA, marketing, design, and leadership team to implement bug fixes
- Record progress in Jira
- Contribute insights to the technical strategy / product roadmap
- Participate in work planning and scoping
- Offer opinions, even if they are not in agreement with the position of leadership
- Suggest ways to improve performance and usability
- Meet with 2 users per week to understand how the app is used “in the wild”
3. Be a team player
- Internal NPS of 9 or above from your teammates
- Participate in all monthly 360 feedback sessions
- Continuously learn by participating in 6 relevant webinars or by reading 6 relevant books per year and share what you learned with the team at monthly lunch & learns and/or through a blog post.
- Recruit at least one awesome person to join our team; assist in the hiring and training of additional developers
- Work with product and tech teams to develop and implement product improvements
How to Apply
If this all seems refreshing and exciting to you, shoot us a cover letter and a résumé at email@example.com “Full Stack Developer” in the subject line.