Perseus Mining Limited is engaged in mining operations and sale of gold, mineral exploration and gold project evaluation and development in the Republics of Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso, in West Africa. The Company’s segments include Australia, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire. The Australia segment is engaged in investing activities and corporate management. The Ghana segment is engaged in mining, mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Cote d’Ivoire segment is engaged in mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Company holds over 90% of Edikan Gold Mine (EGM), approximately 90% of Grumesa Gold Project, over 90% of Yaoure Gold Project and approximately 86% of Sissingue Gold Mine. It has commenced exploration at various near-mine prospects, including Bokitsi, Mampong, Pokukrom and the Agyakusu prospecting license. It has also commenced exploration at other prospects in Cote d’Ivoire, including the Mbengue, Mahale and Napie licenses.
Job Title: Business Improvement Manager
The purpose of this role is to act as a change agent with a clearly stated goal of achieving a sustainable best in class margin performance by using CI tools to identify process and margin improvement opportunities for the Edikan Gold Mine to realize long-term sustainable savings. The BI Manager will assist in enhancing the technical competence and operational excellence of the Edikan Gold Mine
BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
The purpose of this role is to act as a change agent with a clearly stated goal of achieving a sustainable best in class margin performance by using CI tools to identify process and margin improvement opportunities for the Edikan Gold Mine to realize long-term sustainable savings. The BI Manager will assist in enhancing the technical competence and operational excellence of the Edikan Gold Mine.
- Responsible for leading the BI process at Edikan operations.
- Work with managers to identify production, commercial and service process best practices
- Bring awareness of these best practices to other operations, implement and embed efficiencies.
- Drive proficiency in the technical aspects of production, as well as the general management aspects of the business.
- Identify new opportunities, develop benchmarking studies, coordinate peer based site reviews and facilitate improvement discussions with HODs
- Follow up on improvement opportunities and provide assistance to HODs and staff to realize improvement goals.
- Become a conduit for transferring best practices across the organization, and work with the L&D team to facilitate training modules where necessary including best practice calls.
- Responsible to lead improvements of a specialist topic and a commitment to work with multiple levels of management.
- Ensure the achievement of high return on investment (ROI) in implementation of CI tools, methodologies and associated technologies/ techniques e.g. Six Sigma, PIP etc.
- Implement effective benefits tracking system
- Ensure that six sigma policies are validated and implemented
- Ensure rigorous and sustainable implementation of CI projects, methodologies and strategies
- Utilise support from relevant HODs to remove obstacles to CI implementation and ultimately avoid implementation failure
- Develop CI policies and procedures to meet the short term and strategic demands of the operation.
- Ensure periodic review of CI policies.
- Align CI policies and procedures to operational objectives and requirements of the mine.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mining, Metallurgical or Mechanical) or Finance
- MBA or Masters degree in Continuous Improvement, Business Process Re-engineering or related discipline will be an added advantage
- Certificate of competency from the Mineral’s Commission at Manager or Superintendent level (Mining, Processing or Engineering)
- At least 5 years leadership experience and optimising processes in gold mining environment
- Understanding of mining business processes
- Self-motivated and high energy with the ability to plan and lead projects that require interfaces with multiple stakeholders and differing levels of management.
- Highly organized with excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to understand the operational, technical, commercial and financial aspects of the business and how they relate to each other, including product costing and investment evaluations.
- Ability to diagnose and optimize production steps for blasting, loading & hauling, crushing & screening, loadout, maintenance, extraction and site management.
- Ability to apply technical recommendations in a pragmatic, hands on way to the actual operating environment.
- Desire to engage in change management.
- Highly driven with determination to lead Edikan operations to a best in class performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Lean Six Sigma (Black Belt) experience is desirable.
How To Apply for The Job
Application will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with Business Improvement Manager in the subject line of the email.
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer