Posted on :
17 Apr, 2014
The Petroleum Commission was established in July 2011 by an Act of Parliament, Act 821, to regulate and manage the exploitation of petroleum resources and to co-ordinate the policies in relation to them.
The Petroleum Commission Ghana is looking for Data Management people to staff its newly established and expanding data management centre. The centre will look after, manage and administer all petroleum data belonging to Ghana and assist the Commission in providing high quality petroleum data to the Oil and Gas industry globally. Its vision, to create a state of the art centre in Accra and provide a role model for petroleum data management in West Africa.
The vacancy is for a technical operator to operate and maintain a range of specialist computer equipment that manages petroleum data and utilise in-house databases to carry out daily production and quality control of the data. The vacancy requires a structured approach to the work, high levels of concentration and good team work.
The vacancy is in the Data Management Department that is closely associated with the ICT department. The successful candidate will report to the Data Management Supervisor for the Petroleum Commission.
Job Title: Data Management Technical Operator
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Receipt, storage and administration of petroleum data using in-house tools
• Management and production of existing petroleum data and new data using in- house specialist computer equipment
• To ensure that data requests both internally and externally are handled in a timely and correct fashion
• Ensure that petroleum data received and produced adheres to internal and external quality standards
• Manage and carry out basic maintenance on specialist computer equipment
• Be able to set up jobs and carry out quality control using the in-house applications
Qualification Required & Experience
The role is an entry position that requires the following skills and qualifications:
• Minimum HND in Computer Science or above.
• Good understanding of databases
• Background from the Oil & Gas industry will be an advantage
• Excellent Communication skills (both written and spoken)
• Ability to work as part of a team, to motivate, discuss and resolve issues
• The ideal candidate must be self-motivated
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be sent to:-
Closing Date: 14 May, 2014
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates would be contacted.