Posted on :
29 Jul, 2021
29 Jul, 2021
This section refers to people inside and/or outside of the organisation that the post-holder needs to have contact with, and why. This should include virtual presence.
Job Title: Grants Accountant
• Medium contact with Plan partner organizations to ensure Plan receives value for money and the financial requirements are adhered to.
• Has high contact with all country office and program unit finance staff also those staff working on grant projects to support smooth implementation of the finance and accounting functions
• Maintains medium contact with other staff from the program unit and country offices to offer support for compliance with finance and accounting procedures
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Accounting and ICA Ghana Part 2 or ACCA Foundation (Level 2) or equivalent.
• At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
• Fair knowledge in grants and project management.
• Demonstrated behaviors needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Ability to facilitate participative processes for all stakeholders for implementing grant projects
• Strong team building skills
• Independence, objectivity and integrity
• Organized, methodic and meticulous
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Good communication skills both oral and written
• Good computer skills including proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets and the use of accounting package
• Team work
• Good accounting and analytical skills
• Good supervisory skills
• Good coordination skills
• Good Judgment and negotiation skills
• Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
• Fair knowledge of project planning, management, supervision, monitoring and evaluation tools