Lancaster University Ghana is continuing to invest in its departments to build on its strengths: a reputation for quality, a growing student body and dedicated and committed staff. We are located at two campuses in East Legon i.e. Jungle Avenue and the A&C Square.
Lancaster University Ghana is dynamic, ambitious and growing. It offers a friendly working environment and is committed to developing:
- Excellent student academic and social experience
- Students’ employability and enterprise skills
- Staff to become world-class academics, with strong links with industry
- Research activities in collaboration with other higher education institutions in Ghana and elsewhere.
Job Title: Digital Marketing And Communications Officer
Coordinate the university’s internal marketing and public relations functions in order to implement the university’s social and digital media strategy and develop brand awareness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the university’s website by updating content, proof-reading and liaising with website developer;
- Manage all social media platforms of the university;
- Assist in the design and/or production of marketing materials and managing the stock of collaterals;
- Maintain and organise databases of the university;
- Assist in organising the university’s events;
- Analyse competitor activities through information provided by the front office and online analytics;
- Monitor press coverage and contributes to the production of media reports;
- Assist in web marketing of the university and its activities;
- Work with media-buying agencies for the effective implementation and monitoring of offline and online media campaigns;
- Monitor and manage online campaigns and puts together comprehensive post-campaign reports;
- Monitor budget spent on all online activities;
- Work with Business Development, Faculty, Student Affairs and Admissions departments for the various Marketing and PR campaigns;
- Develop and maintain relationships with different media agencies;
- Manage brand events for the university;
- Represent the university at appropriate recruitment and promotional events;
- Participate in all LUG events, student orientations, meetings workshops and graduations;
- Assist in school visits, career expos, graduation functions, educational fairs, open days, networking events and exhibitions
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communications or equivalent discipline.
- In depth knowledge of the workings of social media platforms
- Good report writing skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
How to Apply
More information about the University and its programmes can be found on http://www.lancaster.edu.gh
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications: 15th March 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.