Posted on :
18 May, 2012
RESPONSIBLE TO: Sales and Marketing Manager
Present and sell assigned company products (FMCGs) so as to maintain and develop sales within territory. Manage quality and consistency of product delivery.
Responsible for sales activities within territory from lead generation through close. Expand customer base in the area of responsibility. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, increase in sales, and long-term goals in line with the company vision and values.
• Responsible for the sales and presentation of company products (within an assigned sales territory/product range)
2) Sales growth
• Prospection to identify new clients
• Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets.
• Develops and maintains new accounts
• Follow up on leads and referrals
• Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities
3) Customer satisfaction
• Makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their needs
• Maintain good relationship with customers and customers’ staff
• Identify and inform management of client concerns
• Deal with complaints from customers
4) Sales and marketing skills
• Demonstrates technical selling skills and acquires quick product knowledge
• Demonstrates the ability to successfully carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
• Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
• Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
5) Market Intelligence
• Receiving and collecting market intelligence on a regular basis on customers’ requirements and competitor developments
• Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
• Seeking out promotional opportunities
• Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
• Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
• Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures
• Maintain all required paperwork in organised and neat fashion
• Comply with Finance and Administration requirements
• Prepare any required sales reports
• Any other duties of a related nature which might reasonably be required and allocated by the company
• Efficient feedback to management
• Follow-up for collection of payment.
• At least 2 years of experience in sales in sales
• Experience with FMCG distribution
• Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
• Strong understanding of customer requirements.
• Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
• Excellent communication skills in English
• To work with team spirit and “can do” attitude
• Self driven
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Pro-active, resourceful, reliable, committed
• Very good interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude
• Able to see things from the other person’s point of view
• High energy
• Able to get on with others and team player
• Neat presentation
• High level of integrity.
• Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
• Valid Class C or D Driver’s License
The work of all staff can change. The functions/responsibilities above should not therefore be regarded as unchangeable but may change in line with company needs.