Posted on :
13 Jul, 2012
13 Jul, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading international service provider for the Oil & Gas Sector to recruit a Segment Logistics Specialist for its operations in Ghana.
Responsible for providing superior logistics and distribution of services at competitive cost to the field organization while managing the expectation of field organization.
Responsible for managing his/her segments logistics needs on a day-to day basis.
This position is based in Ghana.
• Be the customer focal point for all logistics related matters for movement of goods.
• Manage logistics operations to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of shipments.
• Responsible for cargo request accuracy, descriptions, valuations, dangerous goods notes, controlled goods, harmonized tariff codes (HTC), country of origin.
• Ensure timely transmittal of documentation to customs brokers and certify all customs files are closed within regulatory time frame.
• Leads initiatives to realize domestic inbound / outbound freight savings.
• Provides daily operational support to business and Procurement Specialists regarding expected shipment arrival services.
• Responsible for the monitoring and data capture of logistics milestones.
• Keep all regulatory documents in proper filling as per country and retention policies.
• Expedite and follow up with suppliers until product availability at origin.
• Capture and report red money whiles assisting with T&M monthly analysis.
• Direct contact with the well/rigs for attending their daily work plan.
• Provide support for controlling reimbursable freights.
• Prepare all cargo documentation for client access.
• Constantly work on consolidation and optimization of cargo transportation, seeking cost reduction.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Management or relevant Qualification
• Must have minimum of 2 years work experience preferably in the logistics environment/area or relevant experience
• Must be young, energetic and hardworking person
• Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
Kindly send us your Word CV at [email protected]