Posted on :
14 Jul, 2016
14 Jul, 2016
250 million people in Africa, farmers and their families, suffer hunger and malnutrition, struggling in extreme rural poverty without enough food; left behind by rising economic growth.
Self Help Africa is a leading international development charity with an expertise in small-scale farming and growing family-farm businesses. We are motivated by injustice, by our expertise in small-scale agriculture and family-farm business, and the opportunity we have to help small farmers change the lives of their families.
Job Title: Project Manager
Responsible To: Country Coordinator Ghana
Start Date: As soon as possible
• Self Help Africa, West Africa Programme, is looking to recruit a Project Manager to support and coordinate the Empowering Women in the Cashew Value Chain project.
• This is a one year; six months (1.5) employment contract on national terms and conditions, renewal will be dependent on the level of performance and availability of funding.
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management and development of the Empowering Women in the Cashew Value Chain project in Ghana and for ensuring that Self Help Africa’s work contributes effectively and efficiently towards meeting the needs of small holder farmers and the goals of the organisation.
• He/She will have the key responsibility for the effective and efficient management and delivery of the project through annual planning, budgeting, reporting, managing of field officers and day-to-day project operations consistent with the project cycle management, the project’s goal and to the highest standards of programmatic quality.
• He/She will report directly to the Country Coordinator Ghana.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available and SHA reserves the right to make necessary changes.
Location: Brong Ahafo Region
How To Apply For The Job
Applications must include the following:
• A duly filled in application form to be downloaded from our web site at: https://selfhelpafrica.org/uk/category/careers/
• Electronic copies of Ghanaian or other ECOWAS country, national id card, certificate of nationality or passport, or proof of right to work in Ghana
• A letter of motivation to addressed to the West Africa Regional Director;
• A curriculum vitae of no more than 3 pages, dated and signed by the candidate, outlining his/her experiences and competencies;
• Electronic photocopies of relevant diplomas, work certificates, school and training certificates
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• The interview will consist of an oral interview and a practical test.
• Electronic copies of the application should be sent by ernail to:-
Closing Date: 15 July, 2016
Composition of application:
Please ensure that you have fully read the terms of reference for the post, which can be downloaded from https://selfhelpafrica.org/uk/category/careers/
Self Help Africa is committed to equal employment opportunities.