Posted on :
23 Jun, 2016
23 Jun, 2016
SEND GHANA is the oldest of the three affiliate national NGOs (i.e. SEND-Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone) established by the Social Enterprise Development of Foundation of West Africa (SEND West Africa). SEND West Africa was founded in Ghana in August, 1998 to promote livelihood security, equality of women and men and accountable and transparent governance. The target groups of SEND’s programs are mostly women, youth and farmers in conflict prone , resource poor and difficult to reach communities in each country.
Job Title: Field Officers
DUTIES, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To monitor and support focal NGOS and District Citizens Monitoring Committees (DCMC) to implement GELAP and other programmes that may be developed
• To report on programme activities from the zonal level
• To undertake training of FNGOs and DCMCs
• To support local level action research work of SEND
• To write articles for publication in SEND’S newsletter(Citizen’s Watch)
• To support lobbying activities of SEND’S GELAP in the districts
• To train community partners on advocacy and human rights issues
• To undertake networking at the zonal level
• To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
• Conduct data collection and perform data entry.
• Assist in providing M&E training to staff and partners as necessary.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly Monitoring & Evaluation reports.
• Contribute to other written presentations in MS Word, Excel and/or Power Point formats.
• Any other assignments as may be deemed necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Community Development, Social Work, Sociology or related subjec
• Minimum of two years’ work experience in policy research and advocacy.
• Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation would be an added advantage
• Sound knowledge of research tools and methods
• Strong research and writing skills
• Must be a self-starter who requires minimum or no prompting
• Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office, online communications and related applications, including Excel.
• Experience in working as a team
• Must be willing to live and work in remote areas
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter to the:-
A 28 Regimanuel Estates,
Email: [email protected]
Kindly use the title of the position as the ‘Subject’ of the mail
Closing Date: 29 June, 2016
SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.