Posted on :
13 Feb, 2015
13 Feb, 2015
Job Title: Entrepreneur in Residence
The Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies (SEED) at Stanford University is seeking qualified candidates for the Entrepreneur in Residence position for its West African Center based in Accra, Ghana. This is a full-time position beginning April 2015.
SEED’s focused mission is improving lives in developing economies. We promote innovation, entrepreneurship, and scaling of entrepreneurial companies in developing economies.
We are seeking to engage a globally minded and mature individual with a successful track record of entrepreneurship and/or the development of entrepreneurial companies. If you have extensive experience managing or coordinating business, providing guidance and hand-on assistance in West Africa and beyond, we would like to review your qualifications.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
• Independently supporting companies while reviewing and monitoring their transformation and development.
• Partnering with companies during the process of selection for participation in our Transformation Program.
• Monitoring West African companies regarding market trends, innovation and opportunities.
• Training, monitoring and supporting coaches to participating companies.
• Collaborating with partners in the region.
The successful candidate must:
• Have a proven track record and credibility as a business leader and entrepreneur.
• Have at least 15 years of professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a leader.
• Have broad-based business knowledge and background and ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders including entrepreneurs, local business leaders, financial and government institutions covering multiple industrial sectors.
• Have demonstrated ability to work with and successfully coach others.
• Possess good knowledge of, and experience of the challenges of forming and successfully building businesses in developing economies.
• Have business experience in Africa (highly desirable)
• Have demonstrated strong analytical skills and with strategic orientation.
• Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Advanced degree preferred.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience
• At the time of hire must be legally authorized to work in Ghana
• Must comply with all visa, work authorization, and tax related laws and regulations as a condition of employment
• Position is benefits eligible subject to applicable Ghana/US laws, regulations and Stanford University policy
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here