Posted on :
13 Sep, 2013
13 Sep, 2013
Position Title: Estate Officer
Reporting Manager: Estate Manager
Location: Head Office
To coordinate and undertake matters relating to estate management at the head office.
• Maintains records on land titles, title transfer and acquisitions.
• Maintains an efficient property inventory system.
• Keeps an up-to-date master register on the company’s estates.
• Organises and directs task force to patrol lands to prevent encroachment.
• Plans and supervises maintenance activities on guest houses, offices, etc.
• Handles correspondence and directs complaints by tenants on matters relating to tenancy agreements and related issues.
• Receives applications and processes them for the sale of houses
• Prepares offer letters for sale of houses and leases on houses
• Undertakes visits to housing project sites with-prospective customers.
• Opens files for customers.
• Liaises with appropriate officers for the valuation/re-valuation of completed/uncompleted houses for sale.
• Plans, organises and directs the operations of task force aimed at recovering debts (rents, etc.) owed to the company.
• Directs and supervises estates assistants in the collection of rents, encroachment levies, ground rents, hire purchase instalment, land lease fees, extension fees, etc.
• Designs strategies and programmes for following up on defaulters.
• Maintains an efficient record-keeping system on all outstanding revenues due to the company and monitors their settlement.
• Ensures that notices under the state housing company (ejectment) act 1970 are served and all the provisions are adhered to.
• Handles correspondence and direct complaints by customers.
• Vets demand notices prepared by subordinates for property rates, water and electricity bills and other property levies.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND or first degree in related area
• Must be a team player and computer literate
• At least three (3) years estate management experience or apply as trainee
How To Apply For The Job
The Geenral Manager, Finance & Admin
State Housing Company Limited
P. O. BOX 2753
Closing Date: 24 September, 2013