Posted on :
24 May, 2016
24 May, 2016
Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Job Title: Head Of Distribution
Company: Tigo Ghana
Category: Sales and Marketing
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 10 years
Job expires: 22 Jun-2016
The individual selected for this role will be required to lead the Indirect Sales channel to develop and meet both distribution and acquisition requirements of the company. (S)He will be required to:
• Contribute to Tigo’s strategic goals
• Continually improve the present (and future) performance of Tigo Ghana
• Create team spirit based on the Tigo Values
• Stimulate innovation and consumer focus throughout the operation
• Manage Tigo’s relationship with the Dealers
• Develop distribution channels for new and existing products
• Grow the retail universe
• Manage stock within territory
• Coordinate all distribution and airtime sales issues.
• Incharge of National distribution management and strategies to expand distribution coverage sustainably
• Leads and advices on the overall Sales strategy for indirect sales channels against overall marketing strategy
• Develops indirect/3rd party retail distribution channel strategies and expand those relationships
• Develops sales assignment forecasts and reporting structures for local markets
• Supervises the work of the distribution team and develops training plans for staff to contribute to the performance objective setting process
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a first degree, MBA will be an added advantage
• Minimum of ten (10) years sales and marketing experience (ideally in Channel development ), which includes at least four (4) years at a senior management level in an FMCG/ Telecommunications/ Retail Banking/ service industry
• Knowledge of channel distribution concepts and segmentation
• Must be a team player and builder with good communication skills
• Must be a strong critical thinker, have good entrepreneurial skills and a good motivational Leader.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 22 June, 2015
When you join Tigo, you join a team where your skills, ideas and technical know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom-line. You’ll be exposed to enormous experience, great network and a workforce full of talents with youthful exuberance.
At Tigo we are all salesmen and we are responsible for our own development. We consider each vacancy as a development opportunity for Tigo Employees and we develop both the business and people together.