For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
Job Title: Supply & Logistics Assistant
Purpose Of The Position
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, Tamale with technical oversight of the Supply & Procurement Manager, P3 Accra the incumbent will contribute to the overall Country Office results by assisting in the management of the Zonal Office Supplies and Logistics activities that includes the supply and procurement, storage, inventory management, distribution and monitoring of UNICEF’s supplies, in support of the Country programme in the Tamale Zonal office. The incumbent undertakes procurement action within the authorized threshold for the Zonal Office in line with UNICEF Supply Procurement guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures for all commodities including service contracts
Summary of key functions/accountabilities: Rapid and relevant responses and assistance provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergencies, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Review supply requests for clarity and adequacy of specifications as well as obtain additional information when needed. Compiles lists of local sources of procurement, periodically updates suppliers’ databank, initiates bid solicitation process, prepares bid adjudication and recommends PO/Contract award.
- Ensure custody and administer programme supplies inventory, warehousing and distribution
- Carry out regular periodic and annual physical inventory exercise and reporting, highlighting areas that requires attention by the Office
Integrity, standards and accountability monitored, administered and maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply and logistics management systems, procedures, documentation and accurate reporting.
- Assist in maintaining up to date supply/logistics tracking system to ensure proper follow up for all supplies under assigned projects. Maintain Supply Sales Order monitoring and tracking database.
- Carryout pre-delivery and after delivery inspections of orders. Ensure signature of goods by implementing partners and completion of transaction of hand over in Vision.
- Follow up with suppliers on the timely delivery of goods and coordinate delivery to the end recipients for the assigned Sales Orders.
- Together with Programme Staff, conducts end user monitoring of supplies
Effective collaboration and partnership in supply/logistics with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.
- Liaise with Country Office Supply staff on off shore procurement for assigned Sales Orders for the Zonal Office
- Follow up on arrival of supplies and coordination from RMS Warehouse as well as receipt and storage and/or delivery to Implementing Partners.
- Collaborate with Programme sections on needs and consolidate requirements.
- Networking with CO Supply/Logistics staff to ensure efficient exchange of information
Knowledgeable delivery of quality services contributing to achievement of work objectives.
- Follow up in Tamale Field Office on procurement issues starting from receiving evaluations sheets to certification of supply and logistics invoices.
- Identify LTA needs of the Zonal office and assist in establishing them.
- Participate in end-user monitoring and tracking of programme supplies to implementing partners.
Required education, experience and competencies
- Completion of Secondary Education. CIPS accredited Diploma in Supply, Procurement and or Logistics, diploma or university degree in business courses or other relevant disciplines will be an asset.
- 5 years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, with specialized experience in supply/logistics in a variety of materials and services including procurement and/or logistics procedures and systems. Experience with current computer databases, for the maintenance of logistics chain operations. Knowledge and skills in using standard office computer applications.
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools and other office technology to create documentation, exchange and archive records, and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to extract and format data and to solve operational problems.
- Ability to organize own and others work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty statio
- Drive for Results
- Working with People
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Adapting and Responding to Change