Job Title: Functional Technician
Role And Responsibilities
- Mechanical Skills and Focused Technician; knowledge and application of technical skills and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within the team, focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality,
- Preventative Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
- Fully Operational on Mechanisms, Motion.
- Mechanical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace mechanical components (such as motors, and gearbox) and troubleshoot mechanical drawing circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install machinery components.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Internal machine Systems they use.
- Safety – Utilize all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products, and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Workplace Hazards – Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products, and equipment relevant to the task.
- Environment – Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety, and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Quality – Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
- Leadership – Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets. Great teams and great leaders will achieve superior performance.
- Continuous Improvement – Use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in equipment breakdown. Apply rigorous Condition Monitoring concept to eliminate breakdown.
- WCM – Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM.
- Problem-Solving – Has the ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
Mechanical/Electrical Engineering certification
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever, we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.