Posted on :
16 Nov, 2017
16 Nov, 2017
There has never been a more exciting time to be working in Procurement when you consider the sheer scale of what we are seeking to do in doubling the size of the business whilst reducing our environmental impact.
As Unilever Procurement adapts to the ever dynamic business environment, we will need to be agile in order to continue our track record of delivery in contributing to the top and bottom line. Inevitably, given the consistent and high quality of our delivery over the past few years, we will be asked to continue this rate of performance and indeed go over and above this standard to ensure the value provided is further enhanced across the scope of our remit.
As well as ensuring that we are best in class in delivering the basics, we also have to look to the future and continuously evolve to meet the needs of our changing environment – reinventing ourselves for sustained competitive advantage. And of course, we are only half of the picture. Our suppliers are at the heart of everything we do. We need to work more closely than ever with suppliers to co-create sustainable practices and bigger and better innovations.
This places great demands on the skills and expertise of all of us as Procurement professionals.
In the following pages you will find: (add this paragraph below the following description)
Job description for the above-mentioned role, which includes:
Goal of the role,
Responsibilities and accountabilities
Work experience required,
Internal and external stakeholders and reporting channel.
A successful procurement professional is expected to be:
· Outstanding in idea generation, ideas that are forward thinking, and that contribute to creating sustained competitive advantage.
· Strong at selling ideas to his/her business partners, internally and externally, translating these into effective proposals conveying value and communicating it accordingly.
· Appreciative of the value and impact of outstanding execution – an eagle eye for detail.
· Act as an entrepreneur, treats business as his/her own, sets trends and is willing to lead, follow or get out of the way.
· Behave as a Partner to Win ambassador and demonstrate the value Procurement adds to the business.
· Genuinely committed to Unilever’s sustainably lead business model, connected with Unilever and the business agenda.
· For positions with people reporting to them talent mastery, which includes: spotting, fostering, encouraging and retaining talent is a non-negotiable.
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager- Indirect
Profession (Marketing, Finance, etc.): Supply Chain
Work Level: WL1
Location (City, Country): Nigeria
Main Job Purpose:
(A concise statement setting out the main purpose and objectives of the job.)
Responsible for Strategic & Tactical sourcing of Indirect Procurement goods and services in Ghana for Marketing material & services and Business Services (IT, Workplace, Professional services, etc)
(Please describe the responsibilities and end results that would be expected.)
· Integrating global / regional sourcing strategies with business and category demands, ensuring timely inputs to global/regional project development and OTIF execution of global/regional projects in the cluster.
· Act as first point of contact for the business for issues/questions relating to Indirects Procurement goods or services in assigned portfolio, Ariba Buyer and the service from IP 3rd party service provider (IBM) for Sourcing Unit/business unit
· Work with users in the MCO cluster to analyse and collate information regarding current requirements and future needs.
· Efficient, timely and transparent communication to internal customers and suppliers
· Work within defined Procurement procedures (Ways of Working) and adhere to the Code of Business Principles at all times
· Work in an effective, cohesive team environment (Ability to understand all areas of Indirects Procurement)
· Supplier Relationship Management
· Flexibility to travel. Average travel anticipated 3-5 days per month
Develop, implement and drive procurement strategies for sourcing in the cluster
Support the procurement organization to meet goals and objectives in support to the overall Unilever strategy
Engage with Procurement Managers (Strategic Sourcing team) to understand if a sourcing strategy and strategic contracts are in place for the portfolio. Develop same wherever not available at Portfolio level.
Implementation of Tactical and Strategic sourcing agreements at assigned site cluster level within the portfolio
Support Procurement Managers and Cluster lead by providing timely and accurately assistance on relevant topics and initiatives as required
Support Tactical and Strategic sourcing projects as required
Co-ordinate procurement projects him/herself as needed
Identification and initial assessments of suppliers for assigned portfolio and site clusters
Prepare and manage supplier selection process for assigned spend and site clusters using available tools (BW) when applicable and standardised templates (RFI’s, RFQ’s)
Work with the Legal Counsel and/or Patents to finalise commercial agreements using Unilever contractual operating framework of UPAs or MSAs. Manage and maintain contracts for the assigned spend and site clusters.
Maintain frequent contact with suppliers, to review/resolve day-to-day issues and to develop current insights into suppliers’ business conditions.
Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
Develop supplier service Levels, track and analyse supplier performance data, proposing priorities for performance improvement and follow up monitoring actions.
Address / escalate supplier non-performance as appropriate.
Ensure the satisfaction of Unilever’s internal customers with the Indirects Procurement goods or services provided by the suppliers within the portfolio
Measure compliancy by business users to Procurement policies and contracts and take corrective actions as appropriate
Manage individual Ariba Buyer Purchase Requests from the business including escalation from IBM, expedition of emergency orders, facilitation of Goods Receipt processes
Source and negotiate for assigned spend and site clusters goods or services, where no contract exists and that are not strategically sourced.
Identify opportunities to standardise purchasing requirements, and enable this in the form of a catalogue that can be loaded into Ariba Buyer
Proactively identify and deliver Savings and/or Cash (via payment term extension) and Ariba operations in line with set targets
Identify and propose cost reduction/continuous performance improvement (supplier) opportunities.
Identify, implement and record Cost savings and Cost avoidance in Savings Tool (SRS).