Unilever Ghana Limited manufactures and sells fast moving consumer goods in Ghana and internationally. It operates through Foods, Home Care, and Personal Care divisions. The Foods division offers spreads, tea and beverages, savoury, and health and wellness products.
Job Description for Boiler Operator
Job Title: Boiler Technician
- 1) Operates automatically fired boilers to generate steam for the factory
- 2) Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators and burners.
- 3) Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler.
- 5) Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- 6) May test and treat boiler feed water, using specified chemicals.
- 7) May maintain log of meter and gauge readings and record data, such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- 8) May be designated according to fuel burned, type of boilers, or class of license required.
- 9)Operates Atlas Copco air compressors
- 10)Carry out troubleshooting of faults on boilers/burners and predictive maintenance
Mechanical Technician Part 3
Computer literate – use of Excel amongst others
Have worked in a boiler house and operated boilers with at least 4 or 5 years working experience
Have conducted risk assessment in the boiler house and is safety conscious
Is conversant with water treatment in boilers
Is conversant with Atlas copco air compressors and diagnostics