Posted on :
24 Jan, 2022
24 Jan, 2022
The University of Ghana Computing Systems provides the IT services that the University of Ghana requires to fulfil its mission to be a world-class centre for research and teaching. UGCS provides innovative services and projects to support learning, teaching and research in response to the changing demands and trends in the IT ecosystem.
In order to more effectively carry out this mandate, applications are invited to fill the following Senior Member positions:
JOB TITLE: Head, Academic Computing (HAC)
UNIT: Academic Computing
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief Information Technology Officer, Information Technology (IT) SERVICES
• The Head, Academic Computing, (HAC) reports to the Deputy CITO (IT Services) and is responsible for identifying and implementing programmes that promote the effective use of technology in supporting teaching, learning and research.
The HAC leads the following sub- units:
• E – Learning
• Research and Support
• Library systems
Key Responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership for the unit to optimize performance, quality, efficiency, and collaborate with administrative and academic partners across the University’s campuses.
• Designing, adapting, promoting, and implementing industry best practices for e- learning research support and library systems.
• Promoting the use and support of innovative and effective uses of educational technology.
• Collaborating with library and academic units across all UG campuses in areas of educational technology initiatives and support activities.
• Monitoring academic technology developments and trends and advise management accordingly.
• Assessing and evaluating the outcomes and impact of academic technology initiatives to steer on-going improvements and lead in the development and planning of new initiatives.
• Leading task forces and committees dealing with the IT needs of the University as they relate to academic functions.
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATION AND ATTRIBUTES
• A Postgraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Studies, / Science, Educational Technology, Information Systems or a related field.
• 5- 6 years’ experience working in or leading an academic technology support organization and managing complex information technology systems and processes
• Ability to communicate concepts and processes clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
• Upholding high ethical and moral standards.
• Ability to coordinate and work with teams and stakeholders.
• Experience in managing external vendor relationships.
• A broad knowledge of trends and future directions of IT and its application in higher education.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant for any of the positions is required to submit an application pack to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25, Legon,
Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
[email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 31 January, 2022
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted