Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
USAID is the lead U.S. Government agency that works to end extreme global poverty and enable resilient, democratic societies to realize their potential.
Company: URC – Ghana
Category: NGO / International Agencies
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 5 years
Job expires: 20 May-2016
Project: USAID Systems for Health Project
• Department: Technical
• Position: Technical Program Officer
• Duty Location: Accra
• Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party for Health Systems
• The position is one of three positions located in the Technical Office of USAID Systems for Health Project in Accra. The incumbent will work closely with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party – Health Services to play a key role in the coordination of technical activities across the Systems for Health portfolio.
Provide coordination support to the Systems for Health technical portfolio through:
• Monitor/record timing of activities across technical areas (via activity calendars, etc.)
• Coordinate with Systems for Health leadership, Technical and Operations teams to suggest efficient timing of activities that will allow the project to make the best use of labour and resources
• Follow up with technical teams on completion of activities, gathering activity deliverables for filing electronically in Systems for Health database
• Participate in internal technical strategy and coordination meetings as well as meetings with external stakeholders, taking detailed minutes and following up with participants as necessary to finalize and distribute minutes to the Systems for Health team
• Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned across technical areas. With support from Systems for Health leadership, implement practices for improvement of Systems for Health technical processes and coordination.
• Provide support to the Systems for Health Knowledge Management/Communications team to prepare, write and edit communication materials and deliverables such as technical briefs, success stories, quarterly/annual reports, etc.
• Assist in developing technical content for presentations and briefings as requested
• Monitor and gather current technical knowledge to inform Systems for Health activities and distribute to relevant staff/stakeholders
• As directed, support technical staff with compilation of research on specific topics to be used for revision of training materials, policies, etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
• An advanced Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Pharmacy or related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in a health related field. Previous work with Ghana Health Service and/or USG funded projects preferred. Track record of working effectively with a broad range of partners and in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills is required.
• Demonstrated high-quality technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the
HR & Admin. Officer,
USAID Systems for Health Project,
PMB CT 134,
[email protected] indicating position title and location in the subject line.
Please take note of the following:
• Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you very much for your interest.
Closing Date: 20 May, 2016