Deliver impactful & efficient ETL solutions as per SLA. Provide support to Business users of BI applications, systems and processes
Job Title: BI ETL Specialist
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Assist other groups in database setup, design of edit checks, test plans, DQ policy decisions, etc. to ensure data quality objectives are met.
- Deliver assigned BI solution and ETL as per agreed SLAs
- Data consultant for BI, Reporting and Analytics team
- Create learning document for the team
- Technical consultant for Data Warehouse / ETL team. Data analysis, root cause and fixing data related issues in system for the business.
- Work as ETL Developer for BI solution and provide guidance on selection of BI tools and methodologies.
- Lead in the design, development, and implementation of BI solutions utilizing 3rd party BI and ETL tools.
- Support the data warehouse design and integration efforts, including data sourcing and transformation, logical/physical data modelling and ETL development in support of the BI application.
- Participate in the testing and verification of the BI application.
- Provide ITIL-based Incident and Problem management support (2nd & 3rd Line Support).
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- .Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Professional qualifications in a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience; Oracle, Microsoft BI
- In-depth knowledge in application support and maintenance.
- Strong technological background, with qualification in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent
- Unix/Windows OS and Oracle DB platform experience
- In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (ODI, MS SSIS)
- More than 5 years’ work experience in BI/ETL support.
- More than 3 years’ work experience in a business and technology focused IT environment
- Perform administrative tasks including but not limited to configuring SMTP, and data source configuration
- In depth knowledge of the software application development and testing methodology.
- Knowledge of best-practice architecture frameworks and solutions (eg. ITIL, eTOM, SOA, etc..)
- Have good architecture methodology/ interpersonal/communication/presentation skills
- Expertise in planning and coordination
- Experience working for a Network Operator within Mobile Industry is preferred
- Structured in solving business problems
- Expertise in MS Office (Word / Excel / Powerpoint)
- Oracle PL/ SQL skills & Good knowledge of relational and object database models