Our Legal Function has a vacancy for a Manager, General & Legal Counsel. The successful candidate will provide the strategic lead and direction on a broad range of legal matters, manage other lawyers and have overall responsibility for the provision and the quality of legal advice and support for Vodafone. The role reports into the Head of the Legal Function.
Job Title: Manager, General, And Legal Counsel
- Day to day responsibility for accurate, effective and timely legal advice, analysis and support for the Company on commercial and contractual matters taking into account the commercial environment in support of the Company’s business objectives
- Responsibility for the company secretarial function and support for the Company and its subsidiaries
- Liaises with and manages communication with external legal services in the management of out-sourced legal services
- Coaches, develops and manages a team of in house lawyers for the purpose of providing legal support and advice to Vodafone with regard to commercial and contractual matters and to ensure the efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal Department
- Negotiates and/or reviews or drafts any relevant agreements, court pleadings and any other relevant legal documents relating to the business of the Company
- Works closely with the other functions within the Company to develop effective structures for general policy and legal structures
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a professional law qualification from the Ghanaian General Legal Council
- An average of 10 years’ corporate law experience and/or private practice
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a senior role.
- A member of the Ghana Bar Association for a minimum of 9 years’. Membership of similar international associations will be an added advantage.