Posted on :
22 Jul, 2016
22 Jul, 2016
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Winrock International (WI) is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time Administrative Assistant in its Tamale project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana’s natural resources.
• LOCATION: Tamale, Ghana
• UNIT: Forestry and Natural Resource Management Group
• REPORTS TO: Senior Operations and Human Resources (HR) Manager
The Administrative Assistant will work with the Senior Operations and Human Resources (HR) Manager and other Operations staff to provide office and field support for the program as a whole.
• Provide general administrative support to the office and field teams;
• Execute day to day office management including filing correspondence, logistics support, air tickets, hotel reservation and visa support;
• Handle incoming phone calls and office visitors;
• Supervise and arrange for pick up, accommodation and drop of project visitors;
• Organize and process security clearances, long-term visas and periodic renewals for long-term expatriates;
• Assist in office expansion works, help supervise all maintenance works of office equipment, building, furnishings, and provide recommendations for repair;
• Coordinate meetings and make logistical arrangements for workshops and seminars;
• Provide assistance and logistics for in-house/outside, seminar/training/workshops including purchase of required supplies, venue bookings, transportation, etc.;
• Perform other administrative works including but not limited to settlement of issues relating to utility bills, shifting telephone and furniture, visit to site offices and provide assistance and support to the field/site offices;
• Manage schedules of drivers, security guards and cleaner;
• Review of all log books maintained by the project drivers (both, WI hired and service agreement) by month, prepare monthly statement of km. usage, segregate kilometers used for official, field, other and personal purposes (if applicable) for billing; and,
• Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
SALARY & BENEFITS
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance, retirement, and other normal Winrock benefits.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Work Experience: Three years of relevant experience in office management, project support and/or administration
• Experience working with donor-funded projects is an advantage
• Demonstrated and proven record to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to be flexible, responsive, and confident in interfacing with various internal and external individuals to accomplish tasks
• Strong organizational skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Problem solving capabilities and sense of responsibility in seeing issues through to completion
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel, is required
• Cheerful spirit and willingness to learn are beneficial
How to Apply For the Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, three references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected], indicating “Administrative Assistant ” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 01 August, 2016
• Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
• Final deadline for applications is August 1, 2016.
• Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
To Apply For More Jobs At Winrock International, Click Below