Winrock International is a US based international non-governmental organisation that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is currently funding the Ghana WASH project which aims to maximise health impacts in five regions of Ghana including Greater Accra, Volta, Eastern, Central and Western.
Behavior Change Communication (BCC) Agent – Ref: GWASH/WI/BCC AGENT
Under Ghana WASH project, Winrock International is seeking the services of a Behavior Change Agent who will be responsible:
- Implementing a comprehensive behavior change program around health/hygiene promotion and access to safe water and sanitation practices in specified districts within Eastern, Volta, and Greater Accra regions of Ghana
- She/he will be expected to work with a team of Water and Sanitation experts to ensure a well coordinated effort
- She/he will be in charge of capacity building of local NGOs (LNGOs) by training them on advocacy, leadership, civic engagement, community mobilization, community profile analysis, hygiene promotion, and safe water and sanitation practices
- She/he will be expected to provide coaching support to the LNGOs and monitor their progress on behaviour change activities with local communities
Required Skills or Experience
Candidates for this position should have:
- Five to seven years experience in rural development with a focus on water resource management, sanitation, health and hygiene promotion
- Knowledge of CLTS, SLTS, and community based approaches to behaviour change and factors leading to sustainable change
- An understanding of and experience utilising participatory training methods required
- An understanding of National SHEP Policy and experience in implementing SHEP activities
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education in the social or developmental sciences with training in water and sanitation practices
How To Apply
For a completed job description, please contact the e-mail address below. Interested candidate should send their applications (Cover letter and CV with referees) via email – [email protected] stating on the subject line the position and the reference code.
Offer valid till 31 Mar, 2012