Posted on :
19 May, 2016
19 May, 2016
The World Food Programme (WFP) supports food aid operations to the most vulnerable while establishing resilience to a country’s overall food security. WFP’s operations encompass:
Company: World Food Programme
Category: NGO / International Agencies
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 02 Jun-2016
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Post Grade: NOC
Under the supervision of the Head of Programme and the overall supervision of Deputy Country Director, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
• To manage a multi-faceted Enhanced Nutrition and Value Chains (ENVAC) project, in adherence with WFP and Government of Ghana’s protocols/guidelines and in collaboration with partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and inform WFP’s private sector engagement approaches in the context of the ENVAC project.
• Work directly with two industrial food processors and approximately 30 community level food processors to ensure they obtain necessary financial and technical resources they need to produce SC & SC+ and blended flours that meet the standards for quality, safety, health/nutritional needs of the end users.
• Provide private sector partners with technical support in the area of market driven approaches; ensure that the project cross cutting theme (gender, environment, M&E) are mainstreamed as appropriate in the overall project implementation spectrum.
• Assists WFP in the identification, coordination, development of mutual partnerships in the context of the ENVAC project.
• Direct, organize, plan, and control execution and review of project activities.
• Oversee the monitoring and evaluation, documentation and reporting of project outcomes.
• Manage Project Team including staff recruitment, training, and evaluation.
• Develop and regularly review financial reports related to private sector activities
• Account for and report on relevant project budget as assigned, ensuring due diligence, transparency, and accuracy in managing finances.
• Perform any other duties as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, preferably with specialization in agribusiness or other field relevant to agro-food value chains development, or first University Degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or trainings/courses.
• Has strong analytical skills and ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
• Has taken leadership of implementing programmes
• Has provided input and informed decisions with regards to public-private sector engagement ventures
• Fluency in English language
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit their applications and Curriculum Vitae stating three (3) references in sealed envelope marked “Programme Policy Officer, NOC, Accra” and sent to the address below or hand-delivered to WFP Office, located after the Fire Service traffic light towards Flair Catering or Kumodzi Hospital.
The Human Resource Unit,
UN World Food Programme
No.7, 7th Rangoon Close, Cantonments
P. O. Box 1423,
Closing Date: 02 June, 2016
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY