Location: Accra with extensive travel to the Eastern and Western Regions
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, design and implement programming opportunities with new and existing partners
- In conjunction with the Ghana team, implement the annual program work-plans
- Assist in the development of in-country projects/initiatives and create job descriptions, community descriptions and program descriptions for volunteers based on the annual program work-plan
- Enhance the capacity of existing partners using a strategic approach to training and development
- Support the Ghana program with a commitment to best practice in youth-focused programming
- Facilitate and support relationships between YCI staff, volunteers, partners and peer educators by providing leadership and oversight of programs and partner relations
- Collaborate directly with staff and volunteers to implement and report on program activities
- Follow all YCI and donor finance policies and procedures and ensure accurate receipt tracking and timely submission to the Operations Officer
- Maintain regular and ongoing communications with staff, volunteers and partners in Ghana and YCI head office in Toronto
- Provide logistical support for the volunteer program in Ghana, including transportation, volunteer stipends, lodging and other duties as assigned
- Coordinate the welcome orientation and debrief sessions for volunteers and prepare related materials
- Ensure that volunteers are appropriately supported in their programming activities, either in person or by telephone
- Enforce YCI policies and risk management protocols
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems are adhered to for the efficient collection of information relating to project outputs and outcomes.
- Provide training and support to volunteers on implementation of tools
- Support volunteers in completing YCI and donor reports
Required Skills or Experience
- 2+ years community development experience or working with CBO’s and NGO’s
- Tertiary Education in community development, social sciences, public health or related field
- 2+ years’ experience managing youth development programs
- Technical expertise in health, private sector development or governance programs with youth considered a strong asset
- Previous experience mainstreaming gender across program activities
- Previous experience working with youth, youth volunteers and peer educators
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Previous experience with Monitoring and Evaluation
- Flexible, strong inter-cultural skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and CV in a single word or PDF document to [email protected] by Friday, September 2, 2011. YCI will only consider applications from Ghanaian citizens.
YCI is an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourages applications from females and people with disabilities. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
YCI will not accept any telephone queries in relation to this application.