Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Maintain all plant environment, health, and safety activities and programs to ensure compliance to corporate policies as well as governmental regulations. Drive continuous improvements in safety and environmental culture to ensure a safe working space for all stakeholders.
- Maintain and communicate all required OSHA safety programs (Hazard and Near-Miss Communication, Hearing Conservation, Emergency Response, Confined Space Entry, PPE, Medical Monitoring, etc).
- Maintain compliant MSDS & labelling system, ensure full compliance within organization.
- Coordinate, prepare and conduct all required safety and emergency response training and drills.
- Conduct thorough incident investigations and develop corrective action plans.
- Anticipate, correct, and control safety hazards.
- Conduct assessment to ensure that equipment and process modifications do not impact employee safety.
- Conduct safety audits and perform risk assessments both internal and external.
- Maintain hearing, industrial hygiene monitoring, respiratory protection programmes.
- Manage return to work / light duty / disability management programmes.
- Supervise and sustain an environmental management system which complies with all applicable environmental permits and regulations.
- Serve as key contact for regulatory agencies and represents factory on safety as needed
- Ensure that manufacturing processes and the facility are properly evaluated to align with existing permits and regulations.
- Plan, oversee and execute all environmental projects.
- Report and maintain required hazardous waste documentation.
- Ensure that all environmental training programs are effective, and delivered to employees timely.
- Lead HSE team to ensure waste water treatment system remains compliant to all permits and internal metrics.
- Managing HSE budget and lead internal Safety & Health Committee.
- Respond outside of normal business hours to all HSE issues.
- Always available to perform any necessary functions of plant operation above and beyond defined responsibilities.
- Plan, implement, manage, and maintain comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises or at project site locations.
- Guarantee that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
- Assist the Commercial, Engineering and Operation Departments in their dealings with Clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
Qualifications SKILLS and Experience
- Minimum Five (5) years relevant experience as an Environmental, Health and Safety officer in similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Science; Environmental Health Science; Chemical Engineering or related technical field.
- Proven ability to lead teams of employees in a technical/environmental field.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish rapport with employees at all levels.
- Project management skills & problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, general computer usage and electronic file management.
- Knowledge on TPM is an advantage