Posted on :
18 Apr, 2016
18 Apr, 2016
The General Legal Council invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of: National Coordinator Internship Programme
Background And Overall Scope:
• The General Legal Council established the Ghana School of Law and mandated it to offer Professional Legal Education. The Ghana School of Law under the Board of Legal Education has the following delegated functions:
o The supervision of Professional Legal Education;
o The establishment of such Courses of instruction as the Board might deem necessary;
o The conduct of- examinations and the publication of examination results.
• The Ghana School of Law, under the direction of the Board of Legal Education, has over the past 56 years trained and produced lawyers.
• As part of the Legal Education
• Reforms, the School is required to coordinate and oversee a compulsory internship programme over a six (6) months period before candidates qualify to be called to the Ghana Bar.
• The purpose of this advertisement is to invite interested and duly qualified persons to apply for the position of National Coordinator, Ghana School of Law Internship Programme.
Responsibilities And Job Description:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Legal Education:
• Coordinate the Ghana School of Law Internship Programme.
• Work with stakeholders, such as the Ghana Bar Association, to identify, select and accredit law firms/ offices that may accept interns.
• Facilitate the identification and inspection of law firms / law offices, as well as the placement of the students.
• Function as the Focal person in the programme and resolve all issues arising from the internship of students and where necessary refer the same to the Director of legal Education.
• Liaise with Heads of Chambers/Public Sector Institutions to monitor and submit progress reports of the interns to the Director.
• Coordinate the formal assessment and interviews of interns upon completion of the internship and recommend successful candidates for call to the Bar.
• Liaise with the Director of Legal Education to ensure the smooth implementation of the Internship programme.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have been called to the Ghana Bar. A Master’s Degree in Human Resource’ or Administration, with relevant work experience will be an advantage.
• Must be at least 7 years at the Bar
• Must have strong presentation and communication skills.
• Must be computer literate and be well-versed in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and similar applications.
• Must have strong analytical skills .
How To Apply For The Job
Application letter addressed to the Director of Legal Education as below, accompanied by Detailed Curriculum Vitae including Name, Title, Organization, Phone Number, E-mail and addresses of three (3) references via e-mail to:-
or addressed to:
GHANA SCHOOL OF LAW
P. O. BOX 179
Closing Date: 29 April, 2016
The General Legal Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, therefore duly qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply