Canadian Feed The Children (CFTC) is an international development organisation with a mission to alleviate the impact of poverty on Children.
The Ghana Country Office is seeking the services of a well motivated and dynamic candidate for the position of Programme Officer.
Term: One year initially, with the opportunity of attaining a permanent staff status depending on performance.
Reporting to: Ghana Country Representative
Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide assistance to the Country Representative (CR) in ensuring effective planning, implementation and monitoring of CFTC’s programming in Ghana, including, but not limited to the following:
- Analyse partners’ plans and budgets as well as narrative and financial reports, and provide timely written feedback and recommendations to the partners and to CFTC’s Programme Manager (PM)
- Monitor the disbursement of CFTC funds to partners and follow up to ensure that payments reach their intended destination and are effectively utilised in accordance with approved plans and budgets, and are in compliance to CFTC’s financial management policy
- Carry out monitoring visits to CFTC’s partners
- Provide technical assistance to partners in the administration of Child Sponsorship programme
- Respond to enquiries and requests for information in support of CFTC fundraising, marketing, and communications opportunities;
- Assist with the identification and design of programming initiatives for the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and other grant funding agency proposal submissions;
- Ensure that grant proposals, budgets and reports are prepared on a timely basis and in their required formats, as well as analyse such submissions and provide timely written feedback and recommendations to the partner(s) and to the PM;
- Ensure emergency preparedness compliance for CFTC in Ghana, and, as required, carry out a needs assignment of emergencies in consultation with local partners, and make recommendations to the PM regarding courses of action;
- Communicate partners’ needs regarding gifts-in-kind (GIK) support, facilitate GIK clearance and monitor (GIK disbursement
- Organise, co-ordinate and, as required, the accompany CFTC staff, donors, board members, etc. on field trips to Ghana; and
- Assume other assignments as may be deemed necessary for the effective implementation of CFTC programming in Ghana by the CR
Required Skills or Experience
A university degree in international development or a related field, and/or appropriate training plus five years of relevant experience.
- Programme management experience, budgeting, managing programme-related finances and results based management (RBM)
- Experience with programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working with CIDA and/or other large donor agencies
- Well organised, accurate and efficient, ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and at least one Northern Ghana base language
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills with projects, ability to co-ordinate with multiple stakeholders and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills in a Windows environment (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Solid analytical and reporting skills
How To Apply
- Applicants should submit an application letter and CV to: [email protected]
- Position will be based in Tamale with occasional travel to other parts of Northern Ghana
- CFTC is an equal opportunity employer and women in particular are encouraged to apply for this position
- Only short listed candidates will be consulted
Closing: 05 Aug, 2011