Protocol Assistant: Ref: FARA/ad/Protocol Assistant /2012
FARA is the apex organization for agricultural research for development in Africa. The FARA Secretariat is the lead institution for Pillar IV of NEPAD’s Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) which encompasses agricultural research and technology dissemination and adoption. FARA works closely with sub-regional organisations (SROs) and national agricultural research and extension systems to ensure effective implementation of CAADP activities.
FARA’s mission is to create broad-based improvements in agricultural
productivity, competitiveness and markets by supporting Africa’ sub-regional organisations in strengthening capacity for agricultural innovation.
FARA in partnership with its constituent Sub-Regional Organizations (SROs), the African Network for Agriculture, Agro forestry and Natural Resources Education (ANAFE), the African Technology Policy Studies network (ATPS) and the Pan African Agribusiness and Agro-industry Consortium (PanAAC) is implementing a five year Universities, Business and Research in Agricultural Innovation (UniBRAIN) initiative supported by The Royal Danish Foreign Ministry (DANIDA).
UniBRAIN’s Development Objective is for innovation and entrepreneurship derived jobs in the agricultural sector to be created through partnerships between universities, research institutions and the private sector.
The major components of the UniBRAIN Initiative are:
- Agricultural business innovations developed in a conducive institutional setting linking universities, research institutions and private sector in Danida priority countries. These are in Eastern Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania; in West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali, Ghana; in Southern African: Mozambique and Zambia
- Agribusiness entrepreneurs and innovators produced by improving BSc and MSc agribusiness teaching and training
- Innovation outputs, experiences and practices shared and up-scaled through improved networking and channels of communication.Implementation of UniBRAIN is facilitated by a team of institutions in which each member has, by virtue of its mandate and accomplishments, responsibilities for facilitating the involvement of particular categories of collaborating institutions and guiding the development of particular components.
Ref: FARA/ad/Protocol Assistant /2012
FARA is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual to join its team as Protocol Assistant.
The successful candidate shall report to the Protocol Officer and the Head, Human Resources and Administration and shall perform among others the following duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with relevant Ministries, Government departments and International staff members on matters relating to Residence, Work Permits, Entry Visas to and outside Ghana, other diplomatic issues and processes
- Building diplomatic and protocol networks for FARA
- Performing airport duties including checking-in and out and meeting top Executives of FARA and other dignitaries
- Liaising with relevant authorities on issues related to use of the Airport VVIP Lounge
- Liaising with the Office of the Executive Director and external sources to process shipping documents pertaining to international procurement and assist the Head, HR and Administration to obtain customs clearance and necessary exemptions from the relevant Ministry
- Assisting the Head, HR and Administration to ensure road worthiness/ maintenance of official vehicles and Asset insurance.
- Assisting the Head, HR and Administration with operational duties
- Managing documentation in the HR and Administration office
- Assisting the Head, HR and Administration with certain Human Resource responsibilities
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisors
Compensation: This recruitment is pegged on full time General Service Staff salary and benefits.
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc in Business Administration or Public Administration or its equivalent is preferable. Demonstrated knowledge of secretarial/administrative processes and procedures is essential. Training in International relations will be an added advantage. Minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar position in a Diplomatic Mission, Embassy or an International Organisation is preferable.
- Interested candidates must be broadminded, open to cultural diversity and computer literate.
- Excellent command over English language and French (both written and oral diplomacy) is desirable.
How To Apply
Please send (via e-mail) comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with the names, addresses, email/Skype addresses, telephone and fax numbers of three referees to:
Dr. Monty P. Jones
PMB CT 173
Fax: +233 0302 773676 Applications will be accepted up to 30th January 2012.
NB: Please quote the vacancy reference code above in your application to this job. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted