Deliver Procurement outcomes for Diageo within one or more categories of spending, through effective support to Specialists and Managers across the Procurement Centre of Excellence (CoEs).
Job Title: Market Analyst, Agriculture Development
- Applying strategic procurement excellence, through the provision of research, data, analysis, and insights that enables the creation of category strategies that deliver procurement value for Diageo.
- Supporting Sourcing activities for specific categories of spending procured in the Market.
- Supporting end-to-end execution of category strategies, working with global and other market category professionals in line with the strategy.
- Developing subject-matter expertise for specific spend categories, supporting collection and leverage of supply market expertise, and management of a reusable knowledge base for the development and application of supply market data and information to strategy development and sourcing.
Robust, resilient, thriving agriculture is fundamental to Diageo’s business. Only by creating supply chains that are economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable can Diageo continue to make the products its consumers know and love. The Market Analyst is accountable for active participation in a global community of procurement professionals in one or more spend categories, including joining regular meetings, supporting alignment around strategy, supporting the development of own and others’ capabilities & expertise, and sharing of best practices. S/he is also accountable for aligning local data with Diageo standards for data and knowledge management and for ensuring global access to it.
Category-specific/ Market-specific requirements
- Drive execution of Guinness Ghana’s 5-year Local Raw Material (LRM) strategy, and as a priority, implement a sustainable sourcing model for sorghum
- Ensure supply chain stability and growth of LRM (grains, neutral spirit, others) by working closely with internal and external partners
- Ensure the agri-business partnerships, investments and future opportunities for LRM lead to sustainable improvement in quality, cost, and flexibility in the value chains
- Ensure sufficient governance and controls to manage the quality of LRM, from intake, storage, processing, and movements to usage in the brewery.
- Applied expertise. Build, manage and grow expertise in one or more spend categories, including an understanding of supply markets, suppliers, and stakeholders. Become a subject-matter expert and share with others in a global community of category professionals. Apply expertise and standards to identify and win new value for Diageo.
- Knowledge management. Drive the development of best-in-class market data and knowledge and ensure its availability and active management/ refresh. Apply Diageo standards for category excellence. Contribute to the improvement of existing and development of new tools & techniques.
- Business partnering. Support category managers and specialists in developing relationships with stakeholders, partners, and suppliers for deeper insights into needs and capabilities; articulate requirements and deliver insights for greater value from stakeholder collaboration.
- Strategy development. For one or more spend categories, support the development and evolution of category strategies by (1) researching and analyzing supply markets and dynamics and providing insights to specialists and managers; and (2) assessing opportunities and proposing solutions.
- Best in class capabilities. Generate insights from internal and external benchmarking, develop cost models to consider scenarios with suppliers and stakeholders, and build & evolve analytics capabilities that allow regular review and improvement of strategies.
- Strategy execution. Support end-to-end execution of category strategies across geographical and organizational boundaries. Track and monitor progress against performance goals, providing detailed, monthly KPI data (including reconciliation to category team tracking projects, savings, supplier performance, etc.).
- Support to Global CEO. Support Global CoEs with strategy development, including for CM4 (global agreements), CM3 (above-region leverage) and CM2 (above-market leverage) by providing relevant Market-wide and local market data, analysis, and insights.
- Market sourcing. Support sourcing activities for CM2 (above-market leverage) and CM1 (truly market-specific ) spend categories. Engage community members as required, apply Diageo best practice standards.
- Market contracting. For relevant sourcing projects, support management of contracts and contract compliance (Diageo stakeholder compliance and Supplier compliance) through contract lifecycles. Track and monitor compliance in line with Diageo and local market standards.
- Mitigate strategic risks. As part of category strategy execution, identify, record, and follow up risk mitigations in line with category strategies and best practices.
- Mitigate sourcing risks. Identify corporate, supply, supplier, and other risks associated with sourcing activities, support execution of mitigations, and engagement of relevant stakeholders, partners and suppliers to ensure the mitigations are successful.
- Apply and improve tools & techniques. Apply Diageo best practice standards, ensuring the most recent and relevant approaches are always applied; use formal governance and peer review to ensure the quality and efficacy of risk management; contribute to development of standards.
Supplier relationship management
- Supplier relationship. Apply standards, ways of working and trust relationships with market suppliers in relevant categories; ensure Diageo best practices are applied and that there is a good foundation for strong performance, risk mitigation and rapid resolution of issues.
- Supplier performance. Support definition and drive monitoring of KPIs, improving the value of data generated and applied and liaise with Supply sites for resolution of escalated issues. Provide data analysis and input to the SPM to manage the relationship with suppliers to the performance plan and maximise value for Diageo.
- Data management. Maintain all relevant data on systems and offline databases, e.g., vendor details, price lists, standard costing, invoice query support
EXCELLENCE IN SUPPLY CHAIN ‘SOURCE’
- Knowledge of Sustainable Agriculture practices and experience working with diverse agriculture value chain partners, including smallholder farmers and minority groups in local communities.
- Clear track record working within a standard, end to end process, preferably ‘Source’ (generically, Source-to-Pay); proven track record in adherence to Core Process and Standards.
- Experience working within KPI-led performance management structures and rigorous tiered reporting and performance review structures.
- Proactively leverages the learning curriculums and materials on Learning Hub and other sources to continuously grow and develop in role.
- Win through Execution. Flexible, agile & resilient, adapting plans in the face of change. Track record of execution in a business undergoing transformation. Always scanning opportunities to simplify.
- Inspire through Purpose. Restless in creatively thinking outside of the box and taking thoughtful risks, always working to bring others with you. Amplifies Diageo’s purpose.
- Shape the Future. Not afraid to challenge the status quo, challenge complacency, develop ambitious plans and bring clarity to others. Drives collaboration in reaching a common understanding of the future. A natural business partner, enrolling stakeholders in your vision.
- Invest in Talent. Eager to stretch yourself and encourage others to do the same. Pro-actively drives diversity at Diageo in all its forms.
Entry Level Requirements (capabilities, Skills & Experience)
- Graduate or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Procurement, Finance, FMCG Commercial or another relevant role, with exposure to supply markets and spending categories relevant to the role
- Demonstrated performance in projects and in cross-market teams.
- Strong analytical and financial awareness including a strong understanding of AOP requirements and financial goals & value drivers relevant to the categories in scope
- Track record of generating insights to influence decision-making; good commercial acumen
- Good systems knowledge (esp. SAP, PRDM, M/S Office, E-collaborate or similar systems & tools)
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation; strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery