Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a U.S. non-profit organization dedicated to creating, evaluating, and replicating innovative solutions to poverty and policy problems worldwide. IPA specializes in using randomized impact evaluation to assess the effectiveness of development programs.
IPA is seeking three Project Managers for immediate hire. The Project Managers will assist with implementing and evaluating food security and agricultural programs. The positions will be based in Tamale, with frequent travel across the Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions, and Brong Ahafo with frequent travel across the Brong Ahafo and Greater Accra regions.
- The Project Managers will manage survey fieldwork for the projects; including planning, logistics, hiring, training, supervising daily survey activities, and monitoring.
- The Project Managers will also maintain records; including survey tracking, surveyor attendance and project expenses.
- They will assist with project budgets, project design and planning, as well as manage relations with partner organizations, and with other tasks as needed.
- In general, the Project Managers are responsible for maintaining high quality data collection and will report to Project Associates.
- Employment will be for an initial one year period, with the possibility of an extension contingent on employee performance and the project being approved for continuation.
Required Skills or Experience
Project Managers must be able to independently manage a survey team in the field and contribute to the design and planning of the research projects. IPA is seeking candidates who meet the following criteria:
- A 4-year degree from a recognized university
- Knowledge of research methods
- Strong math skills
- Takes initiative and demonstrates good judgment in the field
- Highly personable and able to work effectively with supervisors, the survey team and representatives from partner organizations.
- Excellent English writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email
The following are highly desired:
- Experience with survey data collection
- Experience with health care and agriculture in Ghana
- Experience with cash, finances, and budgeting
- Experience in program operations, planning and logistics
- Health Project’s specific requirements:
- Willingness to travel extensively in Brong Ahafo and Greater Accra.
- Fluency in Twi and Ga and additional languages used in the Brong Ahafo and Greater Accra Regions.
- Strong professional experience working in the Health Sector.
- Food Security and Agriculture Projects’ requirements:
- Willingness to travel extensively in the Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions.
- Fluency in Dagbani and additional languages used in the Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions.
How To Apply
Please submit the following by email to [email protected] by Friday, December 30th, 2011:
- CV, including contact information
- Cover letter/Letter of Intent
- Three employment references
All documents should be submitted as attachments, and the file names should include the name of the applicant. The documents may be submitted in MS Word or PDF format. Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted by email or phone. Applications should be addressed to Carolina Corral, Deputy Country Director.