Duration: Initial One Year
Type of Appointment: FTA
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director (O) the Procurement Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes in CO.
The procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit. He/she works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Organization of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Control of CO Assets
- Provision of logistical services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Required Skills or Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement
- Six years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level
- Experience in the usage of computers and other office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or other ERM systems
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to contract, asset and procurement management, including organization and conduct of procurement processes, implementation of contract and sourcing strategies, reporting and control of assets
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
Qualified candidates are requested to send their application marked “PROCUREMENT ASSOCIATE” with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below:
The Human Resource Unit
(Next to the Ghana National Fires Service Hqtrs)
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Detailed Job Descriptions are available on request at the UNDP Security Gate.
Closing: 11th July 2011