Job Title: Programme Officer (Cash &Voucher)
Duration: 1 year Fixed Term (renewable)
Post Grade: NOA/l
Duty Station: Accra
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme, the Progrmme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop and maintain complete functional understanding of unfolding corporate solutions and developments within/by the Cash for Change (C4C).
- Undertake review of existing programme design and advise on potential areas for adopting innovative approaches for enhancing transfer or accountability mechanisms.
- Advise during development stage of programme cycle on innovative enhancements.
- Lead and coordinate innovative solutions including cash/voucher transfers, beneficiary information systems and beneficiary feedback mechanisms.
- Ensure quality assurance to systems specifications and delivery standards for cash programmes.
- Identifying, testing, and recommending new technologies; contributing to modifications to beneficiary information and transaction management system, & supporting other units at the sub-office as they introduce new food assistance modalities.
- Provide technical support to systems users.
- Deliver technical training and support to system users, services and equipments.
- Coordinate and assist in forging partnership with private- public IT companies, banks, and mobile phone service providers in the regions for delivery of cash programmes that take advantage of new technologies and directions in pro-poor financial services and mobile telephony while protecting WF P’s and beneficiary interests, and ensuring WFP’s primary control and ownership over the products developed and services
- Ensure security and internal controls into cash programmers, including the use of secure payment systems and biometric technology.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/Tertiary Diploma in IT technology/solution for business administration or a related field. Master’s Degree in a related discipline is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: areas involving; technical solutions to entitlement transfers, technical banking solutions, cash and/or voucher transfers in humanitarian or development contexts. Experience in business systems analysis would be an added advantage, quality assurance and implementation, t
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate system development that relies on inputs from a variety of stakeholders, demonstrated experience introducing improvements into processes. Experience working in an international organization or multicultural environment and experience in developing/delivering training packages and providing user-support. Knowledge in mobile money transfer services and retail banking procedures is a value added.
- Strong organization, planning and customer service skills.
LANGUAGE: Fluency in both written and oral English and local language.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit their applications with 3 references including Curriculum Vitae in sealed envelopes marked “Programme Officer NOA (Cash & Voucher) Accra“ and sent to WFP Office, located after the Fire Service traffic light towards Flair Catering or Kumodzi Hospital:
The Human Resource Unit
UN World Food Programme
No.7, 7th Rangoon Close, Cantonments
P. O. Box 1423
Email: hr.accra[email protected]
Closing Date: 20 September, 2013
• ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
• QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY