Duration: 1 year (possibility of extension)
- Under the direct supervision of Migration Health Officer, the National UN Volunteer will assist conducting research studies; situation analysis of existing data on socio-economic, behavioral and other determinants of HIV/AIDS vulnerabilities, data collection, and preparation of reports
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Population Studies or associated discipline with extensive experience in community-based surveys
- Health sector experience in Africa
- Capacity to work independently. Involves travel outside Accra
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Languages: Fluency in English, working knowledge of a local language preferably Akan is an asset
- Must be over twenty-five (25) years old
Detailed Terms of Reference:
- e-copies of full terms of reference may be obtained from: [email protected]
- Hard copies of full terms of reference may be obtained on request at the UNDP security desk in Accra
THIS EMAIL ADDRESS CAN BE USED ONLY FOR OBTAINING FULL TERMS OF REFERENCE AND CANNOT BE USED FOR APPLICATION.
Important Application Information:
Please submit a detailed CV and a cover letter which clearly indicate your eligibility and suitability for the position. PLEASE DO NOT SEND COPIES OR ORIGINALS OF CERTIFICATES.
Hard copies addressed to:
UNV Office, UNDP,
P. O. Box 1423
Or hand deliver to the UNDP office near the Ghana Fire Service Headquarters (Ring Road East).
Clearly mark on the outside of the envelope: APPLICATION FOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (UNV) ACCRA
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
ONLY GHANAIAN NATIONALS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
Closing 27th May, 2011