Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UNDP DCD (O), the Operations Analyst provides assistance to the execution of common services for the UNCT Operations Group by managing data and providing support to UN activities.
The UNCT Operations Analyst works in close collaboration with the members of the UN-OMG for the effective coordination of common services relating to Work plan, Budget preparation and monitoring of expenditures, HACT implementation, Surveys (DSA, Place to Place, Local and Hardship classification) as well as improving the quality of common services.
- Preparation and dissemination of relevant documentation to UN agencies and UN partners in the CO and identification of opportunities for collaboration to improve efficiency and effectiveness of common services.
- Under the guidance and direction of the OMG, develop and submit work plan for common services to the UNCT and monitor and report on the implementation of activities of the OMG inter-agency working groups/committees
- Upon delegation of responsibility, preparation of vouchers and requisitions in Atlas and monitoring of common services and identify areas where services can be improved and/or cost reduced
- Synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt and organization of trainings to OMG on coordination issues
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, finance, Economics or related field. 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems
- Demonstrates commitment to UN mission, vision and values and hares knowledge and experience from within and outside the UN OMG
- Develops substantive knowledge in CCA, UNDAF, UN System reform and MDGs and ability lead formulation and monitoring of management projects
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively across UN agencies and Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
How To Apply
Expression of Interest: Qualified candidates are requested to send their application marked “UNCT OPERATIONS ANALYST” with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below:
The Human Resource Unit
(Next to the Ghana National Fires Service Headquarters)
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Detailed Job Descriptions are available on request at the UNDP Security.
Offer valid till: 15 Mar, 2012