Founded in 2001, the Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) brings together innovative and energetic young professionals who work with relevant stakeholders to lay the foundation for the promotion of a sustainable and productive future for the youth in Ghana. At YES-Ghana, we work to realize a vision: a world where every young person has a real chance to benefit from and participate in the development processes at local, national and international levels. Our mission is to promote policies and develop initiatives that help youth succeed in becoming life-long learners, productive members of society, materially sufficient, and self-respecting citizens. Our core areas of competency include youth employment and entrepreneurship; youth leadership and capacity development; youth policy and advocacy; youth participation and active citizenship. YES-Ghana operates as a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation incorporated according to the laws of Ghana.
YES-Ghana is seeking a qualified and experienced Finance and Administration Officer to lead it into a new era of financial administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain financial and accounting systems and procedures for the organisation in accordance with international standards of non-profit accounting;
- Oversee the financial operations of the organisation including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc. in accordance with financial management policy;
- Oversee all procurements and purchases for the organisation;
- Manage cash flow and monitor expenditures to ensure that programme funds are utilized appropriately;
- Maintain, disburse, and reconcile the petty cash account;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements;
- Undertake banking duties: track cash balances, make deposits and withdrawals, track wire transfers, etc.;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, both in hard and soft copies;
- Review annual budgets and track expenditures against budgetary line items;
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, human resource management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration;
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time;
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain a modern system of documentation and file management;
- Establish and operate efficient system of receipt, recording and distribution of mails;
- Provide administrative backstopping for all projects of the organisation;
- Personnel management, including ensuring strict adherence to organisation’s Human Resource Procedures Manual;
- Office Management, ensuring a professional environment on a day-to-day basis;
- Asset management, including keep an asset register and other inventories, and ensuring proper labelling and maintenance of office equipment;
- Perform other duties as requested by Executive Director.
Required Skills or Experience
- Excellent computer skills, especially Internet and Microsoft office proficiency including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spread sheet and Word-processing programmes at a highly proficient level;
- High integrity and strong attention to detail;
- Strong financial, analytical and/or evaluative skills;
- Ability to take initiative and/or independently respond to situations;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required time frame;
- Proven ability to establish priorities and to plan, organize, coordinate and monitor own work plan and provide advice and supervision to others;
- Resourcefulness, sound judgment and decision-making skills; demonstrated sound judgment in resolving issues/problems;
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with young people and others in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Ability to work under pressure and target-driven conditions;
- Professional demeanour; able to present a professional image of the organisation at all times.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in similar position;
- Experience providing financial and administrative oversight on large donor-funded projects;
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software;
- Experience supervising staff preferred.
How To Apply
Please submit a one-page cover letter and a recent CV bearing your contact details and two references to [email protected]. Due to capacity constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing : 09 Jan, 2012