Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, DC., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues o f $140 million.
- Will serve as the principal technical advisor for activities and interventions to meet livelihood and agricultural development component objectives
- Participate in needs assessments at the community level, analyze available resources to meet the needs of vulnerable households, and design approaches to meet the community livelihoods needs
- Propose innovative approaches and integrate livelihoods and agricultural activities with comprehensive program objectives
Position are subject to ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of significant professional experience in implementing and managing agriculture and livelihood development programs at the community and household level targeting vulnerable populations
- Technical expertise in livelihoods and agricultural development
- Experience in capacity building and transfer of skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality in agriculture
- Strong written and spoken English skills
How To Apply
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume to: [email protected] with the title of desired position in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only finalist contacted.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
Offer valid till: 15 May, 2012