Posted on :
20 May, 2016
20 May, 2016
The name ACDI/VOCA dates back to the 1997 merger of Agricultural Cooperative Development International and Volunteers in Overseas Cooperative Assistance. Both were nonprofit international economic development organizations founded by the U.S. cooperative community.
The merger achieved new economies of scale and blended the complementary strengths of ACDI’s long-term development approaches and VOCA’s people-to-people volunteer activities. Today we dispense with the long version of our name and use only the acronym (pronounced A-C-D-I-Vōca).
Category: Executive / Management
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 4 years
Job expires: 24 May-2016
• Work closely with the deputy chief of party(technical)to provide administrative support for the tamale office to ensure that all deliverables are provided ,stakeholders are engaged, all project staff are appropriately managed and supported, and results are achieved
• Ensure the smooth administration of the tamale office including human resources management ,finical and logistics
• Support the deputy chief of party to ensure that the managerial ,administrative and financial procedures comply with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policies, and that all project staff and partners are effectively advised and supported to understand and apply these policies in the their daily work
• Lead the development and/or management of budget for the tamale project office, and provide substantial guidance and other appropriate assistance to seniors staff in managing the budget effectively
• Assure regular and effective monitoring of the Tamale Office overall budget, and specific program budgets, including review of local cost sheets, preparation of pipelines for locally generated expenses and use of budget and financial tracking information for effective program management, planning and decision-making
• Lead the improvement of ADVANCE’s finance and accounting systems in Tamale, including money transfers, vouchers, petty cash management, and authorization policies to assure appropriate, transparent and timely management of the project’s financial resources and cash disbursements
• Assure the smooth organisation of project events, and within the most cost-effective means
• Supervise and provide timely and appropriate guidance and support to assure the high performance of the Accountant and Office Manager.
• Ensure effective and efficient use of project resources, including vehicles and equipment, in accordance with the the organisation’s policies
• Liaise with the ACDI/VOCA Accra Head Office on all administrative and financial issues, and ensure the smooth implementation of policy directives issued
• Support the Office Manager on procurenebt abd staff management, in accordance with ACDI/VOCA’s policies and procedures
Qualification Required & Experience
• You posses an advanced degree in management or related field
• You must have a minimum of seven years of progressive work experience including a minimum of four years in a management position providing administrative oversight and management systems development and implementation
• Experience working on agricultural project funded by donors, particularly USAID will be an added advantage
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to use Microsoft office word, excel and other relevant computer applications
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage priorities and over flow.
• Versatility, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
• Relationship building skills, demonstrable ability to work in a team. Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the country
• Excellent written and oral communication skill
How To Apply For The Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume/CV to:
Please include the title of the job for which you are applying in the subject line.
Closing Date: 24 May, 2016